Greetings!

  • k9capers413 <K9Capers413@aol.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2 12:54 PM
      Good day all! I am fairly new to SCA events, having been to only a
      few in the last year. We attended the Vermont renn. faire, went to
      Birka last month, had fun at the Yule feast (although we were
      completely unprepared, with no feast gear..etc.) and are going to
      a "novice schola" in two weeks.

      We are in the Barony of Bergental, in the East Kingdom, and I'm
      exploring the idea of an Irish persona. I've chosen a name, which is
      an anglized version of an Irish name (Hanora) so I think that would
      be later periods, but not sure of the date. I'm having fun recreating
      a version of the Lucas de Heere print of an irish woman with a bag-
      sleeved leine, although I'm afraid my garb-making is still at the
      beginners level.

      My daughter, who is 12, is looking forward to starting the children's
      archery in the spring, and is very interested in researching women
      fighting and appropriate garb. She bought a pair of leather bracers
      at Birka, and has 6 yards of reddish linen waiting for her decision
      about garb!

      I am looking forward to participating in the list discussions, and
      hope to meet some new friends and learn as much as I can about being
      a productive and welcome member of my barony!

      ~Hanora