Subject: Re: Music & SCA

  • wambat13@juno.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2003
      --Joanna wrote;
      ********I'm guessing no one here is really into the music thing... I
      just ask, because all I can find elsewhere are vague references to
      "period instruments" and "bardic arts"************
      Joanna,
      What kind of info are you looking for? Construction of period instruments
      or written music? Where to buy or how to play?
      What kind of instruments? I know of many recordings of reconstructed
      period music and have come across sites for purchasing instruments....
      What are you needing?
      Gilia
    • jrdawyd <jrdawyd@yahoo.ca>
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3 9:55 AM
        I am mostly just curious about they types of instruments and music,
        but I don't know yet if I intend to take part in that aspect of the
        SCA. Someone emailed me some sites to look at, and I am going
        through that wealth of information...I never realized they had so
        many strange (to my eyes) looking instruments back then.
        --Joanna

      • Jack Dingler <weaseldog2001@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4 8:44 AM
          Would someone please email me those same links please?

          I'm a novice luthier. I'm currently making a bowed psaltery as my
          first attempt at making an instrument. I hope to find time to finish
          it soon, and will be posting pictures on A&S.

          Jack Dingler

          --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "jrdawyd <jrdawyd@y...>"