Re: [SCA Newcomers] "newbie" questions

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2003
      In a message dated 2/15/2003 6:56:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com writes:

      > after receiving the following.... I decided to come out of lurk
      > and introduce myself. I'm Gilia I'm new and reside to the west in the
      > kingdom of An Tir

      Hi, Gilia! I have a very good friend in An Tir - the deputy Kingdom
      Chirurgeon, Gabriel MacFarlane. If you ever meet him, say "Hi" for me! He
      lives in Oregon, but his lady is in Washington State, at least for now.

      > and I have a few newbie questions...
      > 1) how is it that you have so many singles in your area?
      > everyone I've met in surrounding Baronys are married!! Share please : )

      Do we? Yeah, I guess we do, at least - we meaning the shire of Silver Rylle
      in the East, of which there are several members on this list - two of whom
      ARE single; I'm not.

      > 2) are most people on this list from the East?

      Seems to be a lot of us, but there are also other folks from all over the US.

      > 3) may we post questions here regarding most subjects and are we allowed
      > to just send an answer if we have found something of interest that other
      > new people may enjoy? Or, are there seasoned veterans to answer
      > questions so we don't accidently spread un authentic info?

      You may post a question on ANY subject related to the SCA. That's what the
      list is for. If you have information that might answer someone else's
      question, go ahead and post it; if it is inaccurate or kingdom -specific, you
      may learn something in the process as well. There are a lot of seasoned
      veterans here who like answering questions for newcomers, but none of us are
      going to get bent out of shape if you have the answer and we don't - or if
      you answer first!

      > 4) Is any one from Kearny Nebraska on this list? I may be there in June
      > and want to see about attending a local event there.

      Can't help with that one - see my sig :-)

      Lancaster, PA