Re: [SCA Newcomers] Challenge question!

  • Richilla de Cardif
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 13, 2003
      On Thursday, February 13, 2003, at 12:08 PM, vujadea200@... wrote:

      > HOw
      > far are yall from there?  And do you know when and where the Ohio Renn
      > festival is??

      Wooster is about 90 minutes south on 250. Canton is off of 30 and 77.

      I have heard there is a Renn Fest in the Cleveland area but have never
      been there. I have been to one in southern Ohio but it didn't start
      until late August - right after Pennsic.

      As for groups in your area, there's Cleftlands in Cleveland -
      http://cleftlands.cwru.edu/ Falcon's Quary in Lorain County
      http://theo.rune.net/sca.html

      Since I'm not too familiar with that area, I'm not sure what other
      groups are in that area but here's the link to finding a local group in
      Ohio http://www.midrealm.org/seneschallorum/index.phtml#Oaken

      Richilla de Cardif

      mka Andi Williams

    • s.b.loyd
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 13, 2003
        ---
        Do you usually got to feast at events? Or in another way of putting
        it, is an event less interesting or less complete if it does not
        include a feast?
        ---

        My first-ever event was a Crown Tourney in Aethelmearc, with a simply
        =wonderful= feast (I still remember it with relish). My second event was a
        Pennsic. So, for me, food is very much intertwined with the idea of going
        to an event.

        s.b.loyd
      • fallen angel
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 14, 2003
          lol......I was going to work at Cedar Point this coming summer. I worked at ValleyFair! in Minnesota LAST summer....just can't bring myself to make a 12-14 hour drive to live somewhere for the summer!
          ~anastacia elizabeth
          vujadea200@... wrote:I will be working at Cedar Point in Sandusky. I was there all last summer
          and almost went into withdrawl because of the lack of SCA involvement. HOw
          far are yall from there? And do you know when and where the Ohio Renn
          festival is??

          Thank you!!
          Adena

          "If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off...."

          "Your village called, their idiot's missing..."

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 15, 2003
            Yeah, it was weird. It is like 20 hours from my house, so i flew. IT was
            the most fun I have ever had!!

            ADENA