Re: [SCA Newcomers] Challenge question!

  • vujadea200@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 13, 2003
      I will be working at Cedar Point in Sandusky. I was there all last summer
      and almost went into withdrawl because of the lack of SCA involvement. HOw
      far are yall from there? And do you know when and where the Ohio Renn
      festival is??

      Thank you!!
      Adena
    • Richilla de Cardif
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 13, 2003
        On Thursday, February 13, 2003, at 12:08 PM, vujadea200@... wrote:

        > HOw
        > far are yall from there?  And do you know when and where the Ohio Renn
        > festival is??

        Wooster is about 90 minutes south on 250. Canton is off of 30 and 77.

        I have heard there is a Renn Fest in the Cleveland area but have never
        been there. I have been to one in southern Ohio but it didn't start
        until late August - right after Pennsic.

        As for groups in your area, there's Cleftlands in Cleveland -
        http://cleftlands.cwru.edu/ Falcon's Quary in Lorain County
        http://theo.rune.net/sca.html

        Since I'm not too familiar with that area, I'm not sure what other
        groups are in that area but here's the link to finding a local group in
        Ohio http://www.midrealm.org/seneschallorum/index.phtml#Oaken

        Richilla de Cardif

        mka Andi Williams

      • s.b.loyd
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 13, 2003
          ---
          Do you usually got to feast at events? Or in another way of putting
          it, is an event less interesting or less complete if it does not
          include a feast?
          ---

          My first-ever event was a Crown Tourney in Aethelmearc, with a simply
          =wonderful= feast (I still remember it with relish). My second event was a
          Pennsic. So, for me, food is very much intertwined with the idea of going
          to an event.

          s.b.loyd
        • fallen angel
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 14, 2003
            lol......I was going to work at Cedar Point this coming summer. I worked at ValleyFair! in Minnesota LAST summer....just can't bring myself to make a 12-14 hour drive to live somewhere for the summer!
            ~anastacia elizabeth
            vujadea200@... wrote:I will be working at Cedar Point in Sandusky. I was there all last summer
            and almost went into withdrawl because of the lack of SCA involvement. HOw
            far are yall from there? And do you know when and where the Ohio Renn
            festival is??

            Thank you!!
            Adena

            "If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off...."

            "Your village called, their idiot's missing..."

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 15, 2003
              Yeah, it was weird. It is like 20 hours from my house, so i flew. IT was
              the most fun I have ever had!!

              ADENA