Re: [SCA Newcomers] Challenge question!

  • Richilla de Cardif
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 12, 2003
      On Wednesday, February 12, 2003, at 04:46 PM, vujadea200@... wrote:

      > IS there anyone on the list that is in N central OHio?  I will be
      > working
      > there this summer, and although I am VERY experienced int he SCA I was
      > wondering if I anyone could tell me about events there??

      You've found quite a few here. I am in Wooster and we have a few from
      the Canton area.

      Where will you be working and when?

      In June there is Encampment at the Castle in Mansfield.

      Richilla de Cardif

      mka Andi Williams

    • vujadea200@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 13, 2003
        I will be working at Cedar Point in Sandusky. I was there all last summer
        and almost went into withdrawl because of the lack of SCA involvement. HOw
        far are yall from there? And do you know when and where the Ohio Renn
        festival is??

        Thank you!!
        Adena
      • Richilla de Cardif
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 13, 2003
          On Thursday, February 13, 2003, at 12:08 PM, vujadea200@... wrote:

          > HOw
          > far are yall from there?  And do you know when and where the Ohio Renn
          > festival is??

          Wooster is about 90 minutes south on 250. Canton is off of 30 and 77.

          I have heard there is a Renn Fest in the Cleveland area but have never
          been there. I have been to one in southern Ohio but it didn't start
          until late August - right after Pennsic.

          As for groups in your area, there's Cleftlands in Cleveland -
          http://cleftlands.cwru.edu/ Falcon's Quary in Lorain County
          http://theo.rune.net/sca.html

          Since I'm not too familiar with that area, I'm not sure what other
          groups are in that area but here's the link to finding a local group in
          Ohio http://www.midrealm.org/seneschallorum/index.phtml#Oaken

          Richilla de Cardif

          mka Andi Williams

        • s.b.loyd
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 13, 2003
            ---
            Do you usually got to feast at events? Or in another way of putting
            it, is an event less interesting or less complete if it does not
            include a feast?
            ---

            My first-ever event was a Crown Tourney in Aethelmearc, with a simply
            =wonderful= feast (I still remember it with relish). My second event was a
            Pennsic. So, for me, food is very much intertwined with the idea of going
            to an event.

            s.b.loyd
          • fallen angel
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 14, 2003
              lol......I was going to work at Cedar Point this coming summer. I worked at ValleyFair! in Minnesota LAST summer....just can't bring myself to make a 12-14 hour drive to live somewhere for the summer!
              ~anastacia elizabeth
              vujadea200@... wrote:I will be working at Cedar Point in Sandusky. I was there all last summer
              and almost went into withdrawl because of the lack of SCA involvement. HOw
              far are yall from there? And do you know when and where the Ohio Renn
              festival is??

              Thank you!!
              Adena

              "If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off...."

              "Your village called, their idiot's missing..."

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 15, 2003
                Yeah, it was weird. It is like 20 hours from my house, so i flew. IT was
                the most fun I have ever had!!

                ADENA