Name help needed

  • tycobob <tycobob@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 12, 2003
      Greetings!

      I am a newcomer to the SCA, and as such, I come bearing questions.
      Many questions. Today's concerns choosing of a name. I have found a
      name that I like, but wish to modify slightly. The name is Pashoia,
      a Russian name documented in 1534. I would like to alter it a bit to
      Pasha. Would this be too big a stretch?

      I know that the difference may seem nit-picky, but it makes the name
      much more comfortable for me, not to mention more pronouncable.

      Any help?

      Thanks in advance,
      Aaron (at the moment)
    • chemistbb3
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 12, 2003
        Are you looking to register the name, or are you just looking for
        something to be called? If you want to register it, it is much
        easier to register something that you can document easily, it's
        easier on the heralds and the Laurel. You can always use a shortened
        form for everyday use. In other words, register Pashoia and use it
        for the more formal occasions and introduce yourself, to your
        friends..., as Pasha. It could be what your baby brother/sister
        called you because they couldn't pronounce your name right, and it
        just stuck...

        If you really want to register Pasha, you just have to do more
        research to document it.

        Remember though, you do not have to register your name if you do not
        want to.

        William

        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "tycobob <tycobob@y...>"