tunic and trews

  • athterath@HotPOP.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2003
      We're in the "thinking about it" stage of SCA involvement. We don't
      have personae yet, and are unsure what period we'll pick for them.
      I've been doing some research online regarding "starter garb" and
      have pretty much settled on the generic-tunic-and-trews approach.

      The instructions for "Your First Set of Clothes" on the
      Reconstructing History site
      <http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/beginners/FirstGarb.html> are
      sufficient to give me some confidence that I can whip up the tunics
      without any trouble. But I'm having no luck finding comparable
      instructions for making trews or hosen for my partner and son. Can
      anyone point me in the direction of a decent write-up on the topic?

      Misty
      <mailto:athterath@...>
    • chemistbb3
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 12, 2003
        If you are looking for a pattern, I have found that some of the
        commercial patterns, the "quick and Easy" fit my skill level <g>,
        for "Scrubs" pants seem to do well with very little modification.

        William