Re: [SCA Newcomers] Leather Supplier

  • Scott Szakonyi
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4, 2003
      Hi Caius,
      I think it would depend on what you have in mind for them. From what I've seen around, most folks use a heavier leather (like 8/9 oz.) for the shoulders, and a lighter weight (say around 5 oz.) for the waist. I suspect that's because it makes moving around easier to have a lighter weight at the waist... the leather tends to be more supple, and they're not poking you in the legs all the time. Of course, it's less protective that way, so you pays your money and you takes your chances.
      We have white leather avaialble in weights from 2-3 oz. garment on up. The main queston with the pteurges is how heavy you want them to be. The belt supporting them should certainly be of 8/9 oz.
      How long do you want the pteurges to be? And what is the shape you are thinking of?
      Best regards, (and thanks for the recommendation)
      Scott
      "Caius Livius Germanicus, KSCA <eq_germanicus@...>" <eq_germanicus@...> wrote:I forwarded your response to the SCA Chivlist.

      I know i'm going to do some pteurges (shoulder and waist). I'm not
      sure if i'm going to do white or some other color yet. Have to get
      the bronzed muscled cuirass done. Any ideas? Say a waist of 50
      inches.2 inch pteurges.

      Caius Livius Germanicus

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Scott Szakonyi <thorsman99@y...>
      wrote:

      > I have it in the shop, Caius. How do you need it?
      > Scott
      > "Caius Livius Germanicus, KSCA <eq_germanicus@y...>"
      <eq_germanicus@y...> wrote:I know of some knights in need of white
      leather. I seem to recall
      > discussing this with someone here.
      >
      > Caius Livius Germanicus

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      The Viking Trader -- Handmade Leather Goods and Other Items
      http://www.thevikingtrader.net
      email: thorsman99@...