You know you're in the SCA....

  • Doug
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3 6:08 AM
      You know you're in the SCA when you call the local newspaper to chew them out for not knowing the difference between "wench" and "winch" in a front-page news story...

      (No kidding; this really happened down here..!)

      Laird Duueglass de Aberbrothoc
      Village of Misty Harbor
      On the Border between An Tir, and the West Kingdom...

    • Doug
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3 8:46 AM
        You know you're in the SCA when:

        1. "Looting, pillaging and plundering" means the local fabric store is having a clearance sale...

        2. You hear someone at Pennsic speaking Old Norse, and you understand it...

        3. The terms "cutpurse" and "footpad" aren't the latest styling trends from Christian Dior in Paris...

        4. After watching the movie "Men in Tights", you explain to your kids that Robin Hood's band was NOT composed of ballet school dropouts........

        Laird Duueglas de Aberbrothoc

      • leftcoaster2002 <leftcoaster@wave.net>
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3 6:42 PM
          --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Richilla de Cardif
          <richill@d...> wrote:

          > Hey! I resemble that remark.... they just had a really nice
          > necklace/earring set on sale that will go great with my newest
          dress!

          > Richilla de Cardif
          >
          > mka Andi Williams
          >
          > Hmmm-m-m-m-m...I wonder if that's the same necklace that I saw,
          that I think will look neat with my Lallander Scot garb...

          Laird Duueglas de Aberbrothoc
          Village of Misty Harbor
          An Tir, a mere longbowshot from the West Kingdom...