Re: [SCA Newcomers] You know you're in the SCA....

  • Richilla de Cardif
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2003
      On Sunday, February 2, 2003, at 07:12 PM, Doug wrote:

      > (2) You find yourself searching the jewelry section of the Avon
      > catalog for something appropo for your Celtic garb...

      Hey! I resemble that remark.... they just had a really nice
      necklace/earring set on sale that will go great with my newest dress!

      Richilla de Cardif

      mka Andi Williams

    • Doug
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 3, 2003
        You know you're in the SCA when you call the local newspaper to chew them out for not knowing the difference between "wench" and "winch" in a front-page news story...

        (No kidding; this really happened down here..!)

        Laird Duueglass de Aberbrothoc
        Village of Misty Harbor
        On the Border between An Tir, and the West Kingdom...

      • Doug
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2003
          You know you're in the SCA when:

          1. "Looting, pillaging and plundering" means the local fabric store is having a clearance sale...

          2. You hear someone at Pennsic speaking Old Norse, and you understand it...

          3. The terms "cutpurse" and "footpad" aren't the latest styling trends from Christian Dior in Paris...

          4. After watching the movie "Men in Tights", you explain to your kids that Robin Hood's band was NOT composed of ballet school dropouts........

          Laird Duueglas de Aberbrothoc

        • leftcoaster2002 <leftcoaster@wave.net>
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 3, 2003
            --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Richilla de Cardif
            <richill@d...> wrote:

            > Hey! I resemble that remark.... they just had a really nice
            > necklace/earring set on sale that will go great with my newest
            dress!

            > Richilla de Cardif
            >
            > mka Andi Williams
            >
            > Hmmm-m-m-m-m...I wonder if that's the same necklace that I saw,
            that I think will look neat with my Lallander Scot garb...

            Laird Duueglas de Aberbrothoc
            Village of Misty Harbor
            An Tir, a mere longbowshot from the West Kingdom...