You know you're in the SCA....

  • Doug
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2003
      You know you're in the SCA when...

      (1) Ordering fast food, you wonder what a medieval hamburger would look like...

      (2) You find yourself searching the jewelry section of the Avon catalog for something appropo for your Celtic garb...

      (3) You call somebody a "foul varlet" instead of a "dirty s.o.b."

      (4) You date all of your correspondence in "CE"....

      Laird Duueglas de Aberbrothoc
      Village of Misty Harbor

      a.k.a. Doug Howard
      Brookings, Oregon, USA

    • Richilla de Cardif
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2003
        On Sunday, February 2, 2003, at 07:12 PM, Doug wrote:

        > (2) You find yourself searching the jewelry section of the Avon
        > catalog for something appropo for your Celtic garb...

        Hey! I resemble that remark.... they just had a really nice
        necklace/earring set on sale that will go great with my newest dress!

        Richilla de Cardif

        mka Andi Williams

      • Doug
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2003
          You know you're in the SCA when you call the local newspaper to chew them out for not knowing the difference between "wench" and "winch" in a front-page news story...

          (No kidding; this really happened down here..!)

          Laird Duueglass de Aberbrothoc
          Village of Misty Harbor
          On the Border between An Tir, and the West Kingdom...

        • Doug
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 3, 2003
            You know you're in the SCA when:

            1. "Looting, pillaging and plundering" means the local fabric store is having a clearance sale...

            2. You hear someone at Pennsic speaking Old Norse, and you understand it...

            3. The terms "cutpurse" and "footpad" aren't the latest styling trends from Christian Dior in Paris...

            4. After watching the movie "Men in Tights", you explain to your kids that Robin Hood's band was NOT composed of ballet school dropouts........

          • leftcoaster2002 <leftcoaster@wave.net>
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 3, 2003
              --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Richilla de Cardif
              <richill@d...> wrote:

              > Hey! I resemble that remark.... they just had a really nice
              > necklace/earring set on sale that will go great with my newest
              dress!

              > Richilla de Cardif
              >
              > mka Andi Williams
              >
              > Hmmm-m-m-m-m...I wonder if that's the same necklace that I saw,
              that I think will look neat with my Lallander Scot garb...

              Laird Duueglas de Aberbrothoc
              Village of Misty Harbor
              An Tir, a mere longbowshot from the West Kingdom...