Leather Supplier

  • Caius Livius Germanicus, KSCA <eq_german
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 30, 2003
      I know of some knights in need of white leather. I seem to recall
      discussing this with someone here.

      Caius Livius Germanicus
    • Scott Szakonyi
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 30, 2003
        I have it in the shop, Caius. How do you need it?
        Scott
        "Caius Livius Germanicus, KSCA <eq_germanicus@...>" <eq_germanicus@...> wrote:I know of some knights in need of white leather. I seem to recall

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 30, 2003
          I forwarded your response to the SCA Chivlist.

          I know i'm going to do some pteurges (shoulder and waist). I'm not
          sure if i'm going to do white or some other color yet. Have to get
          the bronzed muscled cuirass done. Any ideas? Say a waist of 50
          inches.2 inch pteurges.

          Caius Livius Germanicus

          --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Scott Szakonyi <thorsman99@y...>

          <eq_germanicus@y...> wrote:I know of some knights in need of white
          leather. I seem to recall
          > discussing this with someone here.
          >
          > Caius Livius Germanicus
        • chemistbb3
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 30, 2003
            Have you tried The Leather Factory? If they don't have what you want
            in their catalog or website, you can contact them directly and tell
            them what you want. They often have a bunch of leather that is "off
            list" that they can make you a deal on. (Buffalo is not the best
            looking hide, but it makes good armor & they have it at a good price
            and takes dye well.)

            William

            --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Caius Livius Germanicus, KSCA

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 31, 2003
              I use Leather Factory often.
              Someone on the SCA Chivlist was looking for a supplier and I knew i'd
              talked to someone here (Thorsman), so I wanted to pass on the info and
              maybe, if possible, beef up his clientelle.

              C. Livius Germanicus

              --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, chemistbb3 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > Have you tried The Leather Factory? If they don't have what you want
              > in their catalog or website, you can contact them directly and tell
              > them what you want. They often have a bunch of leather that is "off
              > list" that they can make you a deal on. (Buffalo is not the best
              > looking hide, but it makes good armor & they have it at a good price
              > and takes dye well.)
              >
              > William
            • Scott Szakonyi
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 4, 2003
                Hi Caius,
                I think it would depend on what you have in mind for them. From what I've seen around, most folks use a heavier leather (like 8/9 oz.) for the shoulders, and a lighter weight (say around 5 oz.) for the waist. I suspect that's because it makes moving around easier to have a lighter weight at the waist... the leather tends to be more supple, and they're not poking you in the legs all the time. Of course, it's less protective that way, so you pays your money and you takes your chances.
                We have white leather avaialble in weights from 2-3 oz. garment on up. The main queston with the pteurges is how heavy you want them to be. The belt supporting them should certainly be of 8/9 oz.
                How long do you want the pteurges to be? And what is the shape you are thinking of?
                Best regards, (and thanks for the recommendation)
                Scott
                "Caius Livius Germanicus, KSCA <eq_germanicus@...>" <eq_germanicus@...> wrote:I forwarded your response to the SCA Chivlist.

                wrote:

                > I have it in the shop, Caius. How do you need it?
                > Scott
                > "Caius Livius Germanicus, KSCA <eq_germanicus@y...>"
                <eq_germanicus@y...> wrote:I know of some knights in need of white
                leather. I seem to recall
                > discussing this with someone here.
                >
                > Caius Livius Germanicus

                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                The Viking Trader -- Handmade Leather Goods and Other Items
                http://www.thevikingtrader.net
                email: thorsman99@...