"Emissaries?"

  • leftcoaster2002 <leftcoaster@wave.net>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2003
      Good Evening and Well Met, Everyone...

      After a long hiatus, I'm renewing my SCA membership and activites.
      But reality is, at age 60, I'm no longer fit enough to become a
      fighter...

      So, I'm looking at becoming a Herald, or an Emissary (latin
      version: "Emissarius"). While I can scads of info on becoming a
      Herald, I'll be darned if I can find anything on Medieval Emissaries
      in the SCA! Do they even exist?

      I did locate one book on Medieval Diplomacy through that fantastic
      source, Amazon.com. But, converting such into an SCA persona...I'm in
      need of information, advice and suggestions.

      TIA! from Doug Howard
      Brookings, Oregon

      Way down in the far southwestern corner of fair An Tir, staring
      across into the wilds of the Kingdom of the West... ;-)