New Comer questions

  • bogartsmom@juno.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2003
      Good Day:

      I just sent my membership form in to the SCA & attended a Commons meeting
      of the Barony of Carillion here in NJ. I have read both the SCA & the
      Kingdom of the East websites but still seem to be at a loss of where to
      start --- any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Do I start by deciding what part of the Knowne World I wish to be from or
      should I begin somewhere else?

      Also, any suggestions on where to obtain patterns for (or completed) garb
      would be most welcome.

      Thank you, one & all, for your kind indulgences!

      Sherry
    • chemistbb3
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 10, 2003
        *Ducking and rolling as the advice comes pouring in...*

        Do not worry about a time lime. Since you have attend a meeting for
        your Barony I would suggest that you check with them / their website
        to see if they have a Newcomers meeting. Attend that and there
        should be folks there to help you get on your feet. Look around and
        get a feel for what you want to do. See if there is a sewing guild
        (name may be different where you are) and get with them on garb
        patterns and where to get the best bargins. You can always check
        the "Links" section on the group's homepage as there are a lot of
        sites there on garb.

        William