Re: [SCA Newcomers] Medieval Event***TORONTO

  • chemistbb3
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2002
      (A partial explaination, maybe...)

      Ironthorne is another group. They welcome SCA members, along with
      other groups, and recognise SCA titles, per my understanding. This
      looks to be their event and they want to be sure other groups are
      aware. The "Medieval living history event" part , I think, is their
      way of saying that garb is required.

      Hope this helps, if you want more info., give Lady A an email.

      William

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, bronwynmgn@a... wrote:
      > In a message dated 12/31/2002 9:07:48 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      > scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com writes:
      >

      > > The Kingdom of Hightower in Empire Ironthorn cordially
      > > invites you to attend
      > >
      > > their first gala
      > > 12th Nyte event -Saturday, January 4/03 TORONTO, Ont
      > >

      > OK, I'm not a newcomer and I'm confused. The Toronto SCA group is
      Eoforwic,
      > which is in your email address. The yahoo groups you posted links
      to mention
      > the SCA along with other groups; one specifically says that
      newcomers can ask
      > SCA-related questions there.
      > Is this an SCA activity, an activity open to SCA members as well as
      other
      > folks, or a event by a different group which you think SCA members
      might be
      > interested in? What is Empire Ironthorne? I really couldn't get
      any clear
      > idea from the intro page to the yahoogroup, other than the fact
      that there
      > are no membership dues. Is there any difference between what
      Ironthorne does
      > and what SCA does?
      >
      > I also think it's interesting that the event anouncement states
      that it's a
      > Medieval living history event, and then details a number of
      activities, few
      > if any of which appear to be anything other than modern activities
      with
      > medieval names (50/50 raffles, people auctions, state fair contests
      come to
      > mind). Mind you, I'm fully aware that these things happen in the
      SCA as well