Re: Feast Gear Questions

  • eowynn55
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 25, 2002
      I bet a looksee at the Victoria and Albert Museum webpage might be a
      fruitful.
      http://www.vam.ac.uk/
      also Stefan's floreligium

      On V&A I found a british stonewear pot dating c1550 and a persian
      glass piece from earlier.
      If I find some more, I'll just post the photos, although if you go
      to the site they will send glossy photos of any online image.

      Liz

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "lady_dobrova <allestra@s...>"
      <allestra@s...> wrote:
      > Okay, back on topic, everyone! :)
      >
      > Can anyone (or everyone) tell me what to look for in ceramic and
      > glass feast gear? Wood and metal are pretty easy, but I am not
      sure
      > what patterns and materials are period for the rest.
      >
      > I have seen glasses with "renaissance patterns" painted around the
      > rim. Did they paint their glassware like that? And what about
      > colored glass? How long has that skill been with us?
      >
      > What types of pottery were available? Painted designs? Were all
      > plates flat around the edges or did some of them have fluting?
      And