Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: language resources

  • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2002
      On Monday 09 December 2002 09:54, Dee wrote:
      > What language DID the Byzantium folks speak down there before being sacked
      > in 1453?

      Mostly Greek, but some Latin.

      Incidentally, there were *two* Justinian emperors, both of whom were wise and
      well-respected by their people for their great public works projects and for
      codifying the laws that became the basis for much of western civilization's
      modern legal code.

      There were two emperors Justin as well. They were illiterate despots, hated by
      all. I think one of them was assassinated, and if so, deserved it.

      Guess which ones I'm named after. ;-)

      Moral of the story: Do your research *before* you pick your SCA name.

      Justin
      Charter Member, Alderford Poultry Protection League

      fesswise reversed sable.