Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: Spam

  • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 8, 2002
      On Saturday 07 December 2002 19:11, Paul Dunn wrote:
      > Salve Justin but was not me asking to find this person, All I did was
      > welcome somebody.

      My apologies...I didn't realize that I was looking at *two* messages. As
      the message arrived here, they were sort of mingled together with nothing
      obviously separating them. Please forgive the error of mixing your name
      into this. The warning, though, still stands -- just not related to you!

      Kind regards,

      Marche of Alderford (Canton, Ohio USA)

      justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/
    • Paul Dunn
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 8, 2002
        No harm no foul but yes I agree with the warning you gave out. I have
        been online a long time and have heard of similar stories some yes sadly
        enough have involved people going missing as a result. The SCA is full
        of great people but even here you find the odd one or two that can ruin
        it for all if not careful. I look at it this way if people wish to find
        me and they know what boards I am on and wish to contact me just send me
        an email :D or they can visit my Legion's website
        http://embark.to/LegioXXI/

        Vale
        Tiberius

        On Saturday 07 December 2002 19:11, Paul Dunn wrote:
        > Salve Justin but was not me asking to find this person, All I did was
        > welcome somebody.

        My apologies...I didn't realize that I was looking at *two* messages. As
        the message arrived here, they were sort of mingled together with
        nothing
        obviously separating them. Please forgive the error of mixing your name
        into this. The warning, though, still stands -- just not related to you!

        Kind regards,

        ()xxxx[]::::::::::::::::::>
        <::::::::::::::::::[]xxxx()

      • lady_dobrova <allestra@sbcglobal.net>
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 8, 2002
          <laugh> I love the dialogue!

          I like the name Dobrova, too, but when I went to document it, I
          discovered that I had misread the reference. The actual name was
          Dobrava (anglicized) or Dabrowka in the true form. It would be
          properly pronounced dah-BROOV-kah. Dobrova is currently used as a
          surname and I believe it is also a town in modern Poland.

          I found the name Kachna on the website for the Academy of St.
          Gabriel, so I am fairly certain it is period. The name Kachna would
          be pronounced KASH-na or KACH-na, depending on the region, or so I am
          told by speakers of modern Polish. I prefer the former. Of course,
          since dialects have changed, a few hundred years ago it may have been
          pronounced differently. For all I know 14th and 15th century Slavs
          may have pronounced it Casper Weinberger. :)

          Kachna

          http://4th.com/sca/justin/
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 9, 2002
            On Sunday 08 December 2002 16:18, "lady_dobrova wrote:
            > For all I know 14th and 15th century Slavs
            > may have pronounced it Casper Weinberger. :)

            Or worse: Zbiegnew Brzezinski !

            fesswise reversed sable.