Re: [SCA Newcomers] Irish Naming

  • Hannah Blake
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2002
      Slainte, fellow unnamed Irish person! :-) I'm also interested in an Irish
      persona.

      Have you decided on a time period for your persona? That might help with
      selecting a name. The Academy of St. Gabriel has recently been mentioned,
      and they have a handy page called the Index of Names in Irish Annals at
      <http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/mari/AnnalsIndex/>
      Names are broken down into masculine and feminine. Once you find something
      interesting there, one of the generic "baby name" sites could probably help
      you with pronounciation.

      I've narrowed my search down to 2 names, "Eithne" or "Grainne." The final
      decision will come after I hone in on a time period...Eithne for earlier,
      Grainne for later. Then I can work on the *rest* of the name. :-)

      Peace,
      Willie