Re: [SCA Newcomers] Ok, so, do I just show up?

  • Steve Rourke
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 23, 2002
      Certainly, that's how a lot of people attend their first meeting. As to dressing, unless you live in a community that doesn't have laws about that, it probably would be a good idea. :) Seriously, if it's populace meeting, most people wear mundane clothing, unless it's specifically requested that you wear garb. If it's you first meeting, just wear whatever you feel comfortable wearing. If the group does wear gar to meetings, then there is a good chance that the Hospitaler will have loaner garb for you to use.
      "The site is wet" means that alcohol is allowed, and you can bring whatever you want, though usually most prefer that the drinks be kept in a period container, as opposed to brinking straight from the bottle.
      What area do you live? I'm sure somehere can help you find the time and place for the group/s closest to you, and who knows, that way you might not have to go alone. :)

      Dohmnall Dubh O'Ruairc
      Central Regional Hospitaler
      Kingdom of Ansteorra