Re: [SCA Newcomers] Period fabrics and colors

  • lady_dobrova
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 18, 2002
      The more I think about it the more I suspect that I don't know what I
      am talking about. :)

      My descriptions of "gold" and "silver" are probably not accurate. I
      think I called them by those names because of the shiny texture of
      satin. They would probably be more accurately called "yellow"
      and "gray." I did not mean a *true* metallic.

      Forgive my bad description. I have been fighting a cold for three
      weeks now. My brain has sublet part of its cavity to my sinuses so
      they can carry on business as usual. As a result, my thought
      processes have become unreliable at best.

      Dobrova

    • Lilith2592@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 19, 2002
        yellow and grey would both be period. the deepest Yellows would have been made from saffron most likely. I'm not sure what dye would have been used to make grey but i know they had it.

        ~Erin