Re: [SCA Newcomers] couples personas?

  • Wolfgang von Eifel
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2002
      yea if your gonna fight heavy we need to find you armour that will fit your
      6 foot five frame first

      Wolfgang von Eifel

      >From: "rws1995" <rws95@...>
      >To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [SCA Newcomers] couples personas?
      >Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 23:46:53 -0000
      >
      >My wife and I want to join SCA and are working on trying to find a
      >personas from the same time. We have questions I'm hoping someone
      >can help us with.
      >
      >I hear the terms 'late period'and 'early period' used a lot. Any
      >particular centuries to associate...Also what is most prevalent in
      >SCA?
      >
      >for instance would prior to 1400 be early?
      >
      >I've been trying to research, and it looks like plate became very
      >popular in 1400's??? I'm assuming at that point Leather armor and
      >ChainMail (sp?) became less popular....
      >
      >I understand rapier fighting is typically late period. However, how
      >early did it start. Any ideas? My wifes interested in rapier, and
      >I'm looking potentially at heavy.
      >
      >Any insight would be appreciated. In fact if you know of any good
      >reference books on armor, and garb that would be so awesome. (Or a
      >really good web site, I'm finding conflicting info on the web.)
      >
      >Thanks to all,
      >Ryan

      Get a speedy connection with MSN Broadband.� Join now!
    • Wolfgang von Eifel
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2002
        oops wrong list on that one sorry

        Wolfgang von Eifel

        >From: "Wolfgang von Eifel" <tuba_tal@...>
        >To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [SCA Newcomers] couples personas?
        >Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 09:47:19 -0600
        >
        >yea if your gonna fight heavy we need to find you armour that will fit your
        >6 foot five frame first
        >

        >Wolfgang von Eifel
        >

        > >From: "rws1995" <rws95@...>
        > >To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
        > >Subject: [SCA Newcomers] couples personas?
        > >Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 23:46:53 -0000
        > >
        > >My wife and I want to join SCA and are working on trying to find a
        > >personas from the same time. We have questions I'm hoping someone
        > >can help us with.
        > >
        > >I hear the terms 'late period'and 'early period' used a lot. Any
        > >particular centuries to associate...Also what is most prevalent in
        > >SCA?
        > >
        > >for instance would prior to 1400 be early?
        > >
        > >I've been trying to research, and it looks like plate became very
        > >popular in 1400's??? I'm assuming at that point Leather armor and
        > >ChainMail (sp?) became less popular....
        > >
        > >I understand rapier fighting is typically late period. However, how
        > >early did it start. Any ideas? My wifes interested in rapier, and
        > >I'm looking potentially at heavy.
        > >
        > >Any insight would be appreciated. In fact if you know of any good
        > >reference books on armor, and garb that would be so awesome. (Or a
        > >really good web site, I'm finding conflicting info on the web.)
        > >
        > >Thanks to all,
        > >Ryan

        Get faster connections�-- switch to�MSN Internet Access!
      • rws1995
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2002
          Actually, that has been a concern of mine.

          Not sure how that's going to work out. Any ideas will be
          appreciated.

          Ryan