questions regarding fighting and personas for a couple.

  • rws1995
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2002
      my wife and I are newcomers to sca and I am interested in heavy
      fighting, and she may be interested in rapier fighting. We would
      like to have personas from the same period. I've been looking on the
      web and finding conflicting info (especially in newsgroups). About
      what time period would we be able to work with to accomodate both
      interests.

      Thanks,
      rws95
    • chemistbb3
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2002
        The later, the better I would have to say. Let your wife pick her
        time and then you can work from there. Although I know a few earlier
        period Rapier fighters, most of them are late period. Unfortunately,
        that puts you on a lot of white armor (plate), which can get pretty
        hot to play in depending on where you live.

        William

        --- In scanewcomers@y..., "rws1995" <rws95@S...> wrote:
        > my wife and I are newcomers to sca and I am interested in heavy
        > fighting, and she may be interested in rapier fighting. We would
        > like to have personas from the same period. I've been looking on
        the
        > web and finding conflicting info (especially in newsgroups). About
        > what time period would we be able to work with to accomodate both
        > interests.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > rws95
      • rws1995
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2002
          We are in Ansteoora (south Texas). I'm not so worried about the heat
          (yes I MUST be touched in the head), although I am seriously
          concerned about the price attached to plate....