Re: [SCA Newcomers] camping events

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2002
      In a message dated 10/29/2002 12:40:25 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com writes:

      > I have seen regular
      > mundane tents for sale at department stores that are more in my price
      > range for the time being. If I took one to an overnight event, would
      > I need to cover it with cloth to make it more period? Or could I
      > leave it as is?

      It is perfectly OK to use a mundane tent (without covering it) for camping at
      SCA events - many people who have been in the SCA for years still use mundane
      tents, either due to cost, lack of room to transport or store a large
      pavilion, or just because most mundane tents are easier to put up :-) I've
      been in 12 years,and my husband and I JUST (like 6 weeks ago) got our first
      pavilion.
      At some camping events, they like to put the period tents right around the
      list field or where they will otherwise be in more public view, and the
      mundane tents a little further back, but that's about the only
      "discrimination" against mundane tents I've ever seen.