  • Kimberly
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 17, 2002
      :) Does anyone know if per bend sinister wavy azure and argent, a
      decrescent or in dexter chief, three trefoils vert would be a good
      device to register?
      kim

      http://photos.yahoo.com/breenasmom i made up a pic of it in case it
      was explained wrong
    • Justinos Tekton called Justin
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 17, 2002
        On Thursday 17 October 2002 03:04, Kimberly wrote:
        > :) Does anyone know if per bend sinister wavy azure and argent, a
        >
        > decrescent or in dexter chief, three trefoils vert would be a good
        > device to register?

        Check with your local Herald to make sure it has sufficient points of
        difference from the Barony of Cleftlands. http://cleftlands.cwru.edu/ is
        their URL. I couldn't find a non-stylized version of their device.

        I'm pretty sure you have plenty of differences, but I am not a Herald and
        don't play one on TV, so check with someone who knows for sure. :-)

        Marche of Alderford (Canton, Ohio USA)

        justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/
      • Kimberly
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 18, 2002
          Thanks!!!!!
          Kim

          --- In scanewcomers@y..., Justinos Tekton called Justin <justin@4...>
          wrote:
          > On Thursday 17 October 2002 03:04, Kimberly wrote:
          > > :) Does anyone know if per bend sinister wavy azure and argent, a
          > >
          > > decrescent or in dexter chief, three trefoils vert would be a good
          > > device to register?
          >
          > Check with your local Herald to make sure it has sufficient points of
          > difference from the Barony of Cleftlands. http://cleftlands.cwru.edu/ is
          > their URL. I couldn't find a non-stylized version of their device.
          >
          > I'm pretty sure you have plenty of differences, but I am not a
          Herald and
          > don't play one on TV, so check with someone who knows for sure. :-)
          >
          > Justin
          >
          > --
          > ()xxxx[]::::::::::::::::::>
          <::::::::::::::::::[]xxxx()

          > Marche of Alderford (Canton, Ohio USA)
          >
          > justin@4... http://4th.com/sca/justin/
          > PGP Public Key at http://4th.com/keys/justin.pubkey
        • Doug Gintaras
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1, 2004
            I think you are correct. It was my understanding that if they are documented
            and some one else in the SCA are using them, then they are considered taken.

            But you could base your device off of your family coat of arms. I suggest
            speaking with your local herald about this.

            ~Gintaras, C.R.C.~
            Midrealm
            Midlands
            Ravenslake

            >From: Susan Farmer <sfarmer@...>
            >To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [SCA Newcomers] (unknown)
            >Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 16:49:48 -0500 (EST)
            >

            > > Unless you can prove you are legitimately entitled to your ancestors
            > > coat of arms, I would suggest you do not use them yourself. That
            > > can get sticky and you would probably not be able to register it in
            > > the SCA, should you wish to.
            >
            >I don't think you can use them even if you are entitled to bear them
            >in the mundane world. I thought that they had to be unique to Our
            >World and the Mundane World.
            >
            >Jerusha

            Dream of owning a home? Find out how in the First-time Home Buying Guide.
            http://special.msn.com/home/firsthome.armx