Re: Some Garb Help

  • katfletcher
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 10 10:24 AM
      What a nice find!! I love the thrift stores. We find all sorts of
      useful things there!
      Kathryn

      <snip>
      >When I got home and opened it, it
      > had 3 patterns I can use: Simplicity Renaissance Collection #8735,
      > which has the wedding gown plus 2 other gowns, Simplicity COstumes
      > #7756, which has the Middle Eastern type peasant dress, plus Tudor
      > type gown, and McCall's #6774, which has 6 styles of cloaks. All
      > these, plus 2 modern ones, for $1.41.
      <snip>
      > Christian Elizabeta Barbier
    • katfletcher
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 10 10:24 AM
        What a nice find!! I love the thrift stores. We find all sorts of
        useful things there!
        Kathryn

        <snip>
        >When I got home and opened it, it
        > had 3 patterns I can use: Simplicity Renaissance Collection #8735,
        > which has the wedding gown plus 2 other gowns, Simplicity COstumes
        > #7756, which has the Middle Eastern type peasant dress, plus Tudor
        > type gown, and McCall's #6774, which has 6 styles of cloaks. All
        > these, plus 2 modern ones, for $1.41.
        <snip>
        > Christian Elizabeta Barbier
      • dontwait4themessiah
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 19 9:14 PM
          Huzzah for all of those who started off with a dinted 50c tankard and
          a 20c wooden platter for feasting gear and garb hade from $1.50/m
          cotton! Yay Op-shops!

          Morag

          -- In scanewcomers@y..., katfletcher <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > What a nice find!! I love the thrift stores. We find all sorts of
          > useful things there!
          > Kathryn
          >
          > <snip>
          > >When I got home and opened it, it
          > > had 3 patterns I can use: Simplicity Renaissance Collection
          #8735,
          > > which has the wedding gown plus 2 other gowns, Simplicity
          COstumes
          > > #7756, which has the Middle Eastern type peasant dress, plus
          Tudor
          > > type gown, and McCall's #6774, which has 6 styles of cloaks. All
          > > these, plus 2 modern ones, for $1.41.
          > <snip>
          > > Christian Elizabeta Barbier
        • modanogrrrl
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 20 2:05 PM
            I have been looking for feast gear, but have yet to find any....
            sounds like you made a wonderful find! I went to Hobby Lobby on
            Friday and took advantage of their Simplicity pattern sale... I got 3
            dress patterns for my daughter and one for myself, and only spent
            $3.96..... now I just need to find a good deal on fabrics.... a good
            thing is Hancock Fabrics called because I inquired about a job
            position there... maybe I can work there and score some remnants or
            something........