Some Garb Help

  • modanogrrrl
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 9 4:49 PM
      I frequent the thrift stores in my area looking fro clothing that can
      be altered to use for some SCA stuff, and found something
      interesting. In the back of the shop they had a bin of pattern
      envelopes they had bagged together. Maybe 4-6 in each bag. I just
      grabbed on, hoping to maybe find a simple pattern I could use to
      relearn how to sew with my machine. When I got home and opened it, it
      had 3 patterns I can use: Simplicity Renaissance Collection #8735,
      which has the wedding gown plus 2 other gowns, Simplicity COstumes
      #7756, which has the Middle Eastern type peasant dress, plus Tudor
      type gown, and McCall's #6774, which has 6 styles of cloaks. All
      these, plus 2 modern ones, for $1.41. Only one of the patterns have
      been cut and used, and it is a modern one.

      For anyone who is looking for patterns, try the thrift shops..... I
      know around here they have a number of coton broom skirts that can be
      dyed and used for first garb.....

      Christian Elizabeta Barbier
    • katfletcher
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 10 10:24 AM
        What a nice find!! I love the thrift stores. We find all sorts of
        useful things there!
        Kathryn

        <snip>
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 10 10:24 AM
          What a nice find!! I love the thrift stores. We find all sorts of
          useful things there!
          Kathryn

          <snip>
          >When I got home and opened it, it
          > had 3 patterns I can use: Simplicity Renaissance Collection #8735,
          > which has the wedding gown plus 2 other gowns, Simplicity COstumes
          > #7756, which has the Middle Eastern type peasant dress, plus Tudor
          > type gown, and McCall's #6774, which has 6 styles of cloaks. All
          > these, plus 2 modern ones, for $1.41.
          <snip>
          > Christian Elizabeta Barbier
        • dontwait4themessiah
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 19 9:14 PM
            Huzzah for all of those who started off with a dinted 50c tankard and
            a 20c wooden platter for feasting gear and garb hade from $1.50/m
            cotton! Yay Op-shops!

            Morag

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 20 2:05 PM
              I have been looking for feast gear, but have yet to find any....
              sounds like you made a wonderful find! I went to Hobby Lobby on
              Friday and took advantage of their Simplicity pattern sale... I got 3
              dress patterns for my daughter and one for myself, and only spent
              $3.96..... now I just need to find a good deal on fabrics.... a good
              thing is Hancock Fabrics called because I inquired about a job
              position there... maybe I can work there and score some remnants or
              something........