Gifts to Royalty

  • katfletcher
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2002
      O.K., O.K., so I took a bit of time off... to work a ton of overtime
      at my job!! (part of the low mortgage rate boom/insanity!)
      So, in catching up, I noticed a great string about gifts to Royalty.
      I want to add one bit to all the good stuff. Keep in mind that when
      and where you give something to them controls whether they actually
      get to keep the gift as people or have to hand it on to future
      generations as "King/Queen." The rule of thumb around here is that if
      you present something in court, it is an official gift to the Crown
      and not to the individuals. Outside of court, you may specify that it
      is an official gift but it is assumed to be a gift to the individuals
      otherwise.
      My personal opinion is that the vast majority of gifts should be to
      the individuals. Stuff presented to the Crown has to be inventoried,
      stored and generally tracked to heck and gone. Stuff that can be used
      up is always a good choice. Trinkets that they can hand out to award
      recipients, scribal supplies, that kind of stuff is really good!
      If you plan on investing a lot of time, effort, and money into a more
      substantial and permanent gift, you might want to check with whoever
      is in charge of regalia for your kingdom. It could be a big
      dispointment if the person right before you to gives the same gift!

      Well, back to the grindstone. I hate to burst anyone's bubble but I
      sure wish they would raise interest rates!!
      Kathryn