Roadside help

  • SCAThea
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2002
      Actually, my lord and I have gotten assistance on several occasions
      because he thought to stand his shield up a few carlengths behind the
      vehicle. (You know the one - turn it upside down and use a sword to
      prop it up). One time, it was someone we knew who recognized the
      heraldry, another time it was a SCAdian we didn't know. Both times
      it was amazing that we got help as we would have been **STUCK**
      without it!!

      -thea
    • chemistbb3
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2002
        (If you use a rectangular shield, you don't have to turn it upside
        down. :p)

        William

        --- In scanewcomers@y..., "SCAThea" <emborg@c...> wrote:
        > Actually, my lord and I have gotten assistance on several occasions
        > because he thought to stand his shield up a few carlengths behind
        the
        > vehicle. (You know the one - turn it upside down and use a sword
        > prop it up). One time, it was someone we knew who recognized the
        > heraldry, another time it was a SCAdian we didn't know. Both times
        > it was amazing that we got help as we would have been **STUCK**
        > without it!!
        >
        > -thea
      • Justinos Tekton called Justin
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2002
          On Wednesday 02 October 2002 22:05, chemistbb3 wrote:
          > (If you use a rectangular shield, you don't have to turn it upside
          > down. :p)

          If you use a round shield, no one will know if you turned it upside down! ;-)

          (sorry...couldn't resist)

          Maistor Justinos Tekton called Justin, Publisher and Webmaster
          SCAtoday.net -- Your independent source for news of the Current Middle Ages

          justin@... http://scatoday.net/
        • Paul Dunn
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2002
            or If you see a Roman Shield just means we are marching it out ;)
            Tiberius
            Legion XXI Rapax
            Coh I Primius Ursa
            http://www.geocities.com/Legion_XXI_RAPAX/
            Tuus in Sodalicio Romanae Imperi
            Yours in the Comradeship of the Roman Empire

            On Wednesday 02 October 2002 22:05, chemistbb3 wrote:
            > (If you use a rectangular shield, you don't have to turn it upside
            > down. :p)

            If you use a round shield, no one will know if you turned it upside down! ;-)

            (sorry...couldn't resist)

            Maistor Justinos Tekton called Justin, Publisher and Webmaster
            SCAtoday.net -- Your independent source for news of the Current Middle Ages

            justin@... http://scatoday.net/

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • gypsycaine
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 2, 2002
              Alas....

              I am reduced to a boffer sword.

              :D

              Mary
              (hint, hint? You did say remind you?)
              > or If you see a Roman Shield just means we are marching it out ;)
              > Tiberius
              > Legion XXI Rapax
              > Coh I Primius Ursa
              > http://www.geocities.com/Legion_XXI_RAPAX/
              > Tuus in Sodalicio Romanae Imperi
              > Yours in the Comradeship of the Roman Empire

              <::::::::::::::::::[]xxxx()

              > Maistor Justinos Tekton called Justin, Publisher and Webmaster
              > SCAtoday.net -- Your independent source for news of the Current Middle
              Ages

              > justin@... http://scatoday.net/
              > PGP Public Key at http://4th.com/keys/justin.pubkey
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor