Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: Coronation / To:Brangwayna Morgan

  • Justinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2002
      On Tuesday 01 October 2002 18:50, bronwynmgn@... wrote:
      > Well, in the East, at least, there is often a time when Their New Majesties
      > sit in state, usually on the stage/dais where the ceremony took place but
      > sometimes at dinner, when one can get in line to swear personal fealty,
      > introduce yourself, or give a gift. It is more likely to be able to get to
      > do this during this time than in Court, which usually has required business
      > which takes up a great deal of time.

      Interesting. I have only seen this done a couple of times in the Midrealm,
      but perhaps I just haven't been there when it happened. Your comment about the
      amount of business *in* Court is well said, and this was the thrust of my
      comments earlier.

      I think the most important point to understand here is that one is neither
      required nor expected to give gifts to the Royalty just because one attends
      Coronation.

      Maistor Justinos Tekton called Justin, Publisher and Webmaster
      SCAtoday.net -- Your independent source for news of the Current Middle Ages

      justin@... http://scatoday.net/