Re: [SCA Newcomers] Music

  • Tina Paxton
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 29, 2002
      One of the things I've always wanted to do was learn
      the delcimer....I recently discovered on the SCA A&S
      page that delcimer's are actually period! Yeah! But,
      that is a "down the road" item. I'm forcing myself to
      keep my area of focus narrow so that I really learn
      the skills rather than dabble in many. I have a
      habit.... Anyway, right now I'm focusing on the
      fibrearts but later will definitely take up the
      delcimer....love that sound!

      --- modanogrrrl <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > Greetings and salutations!
      >
      > I am thinking of pursuing music in the SCA and have
      > considered the
      > recorder. I played flute in school from the 5th
      > grade until I
      > graduated, and played the recorder in the 4th grade
      > (as well as
      > tooling around with my sibling's when she began
      > playing). I know the
      > modern recorder is similar to the renaissance
      > recorder, so would it
      > be feasable to buy a modern one to play? I want a
      > nice wooden one,
      > and actually found one that is easy on my
      > wallet.....
      >
      > My many thanks.....
      >
      > Christian Elizabeta Barbier

      =====
      Tina (read my blog: http://tinasfiberadventures.blogspot.com/)

      "She looks for wool and flax And works with her hands in delight. She considers a field and buys it; From her earnings she plants a vineyard. She stretches out her hands to the distaff, And her hands grasp the spindle. She extends her hand to the poor, And she stretches out her hands to the needy. She looks well to the ways of her household, And does not eat the bread of idleness.

      http://sbc.yahoo.com