New web site...

  • RickToad
    Message 1 of 2565 , Jan 18, 2000
      k_hinote and myself are planning to construct a
      whole web site for SCA beginners. Does anyone have any
      ideas about what content they would like to see? We are
      plannning to put a list of reputable armourers and garb
      makers, plus links as many sites as we can find that have
      good information for beginners. There will be a bit of
      original material of course. I am also thinking of
      creating a map of the planet with clickable Society
      political boundries. I haven't ever been able to find one
      of those. i.e. you can click on the Middle Kingdom
      and a map of that will appear, then you click on a
      principality and and so on...<br><br>Please provide input!
      Although I keep my links in the "News" section, don't
      hesitate to add links to the "Links" section. Good garb
      sites would be appreciated.<br><br>K_hinote and I
      ordered our first serious bits of steel armour this week.
      We have been constructing our torso armour ourselves
      out of barrel plastic. It seems like a lot of people
      complain about fighters who wear plastic, being as it's
      not period and all, but to us it is the difference
      between fighting and not fighting. We are going to get
      measured for our helms on Saturday. We'll let you know how
      it turns out. I think we will be armoured by the end
      of Febuary. Has anyone else purchased armour?
    • bubdog101
      Message 2565 of 2565 , Dec 6, 2003