Re: first time to this chat

  • megrimulf
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 4 2:08 AM
      --- In scanewcomers@y..., chemistbb3 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Congrats and congrats!!! I guess this is another time where
      someone
      > finally gets an AoA when you thought they already had one.

      Thanks, William! You're not the only one who thought I already had
      one. *LOL*

      > Brings me to a reminder. If you think someone should get an award,
      > let your crown know, (also your local nobility). Sometime someone
      > gets overlooked for an award because everyone thinks they already
      > have it.

      Oh, that is _so_ true! What was also funny to me was that two people
      just insisted that they'd seen me win a bardic title before, which I
      hadn't. But they just _knew_ that I had! *LOL*

      Grimulf
    • dontwait4themessiah
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 4 5:24 AM
        Oh, congrats Grim! And if that was with the song I think it was, you
        deserve the championship- and the AoA of course- you deserved that
        already, a million times over!

        Morag
      • heather bell
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 4 10:49 AM
          thank you for the welcome...i hope to get a lot of
          information and be able to get into sca a lot more as
          time goes on b/c i have enjoyed the things i have
          done.

          heather
          --- katfletcher <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          > Hello Heather!
          > This group is world-wide. Two of the currently
          > active moderators are
          > here in the Barony of Jararvellir, Principality of
          > Northshield,
          > Middle Kindom (aka MidRealm) all of which is known
          > in the regular
          > world as Madison, Wisconsin, USA. Another of the
          > moderators is out in
          > An Tir these days but has spent time here in Jara.
          > (An Tir being out
          > in the Northwest part of the US.)
          > We have members from all over the world though. One
          > of the best parts
          > is that we get to learn more about the differences
          > and similarities
          > of SCA in all the different places. If you have
          > questions specific to
          > your locale, just let us know and I am sure there
          > will be some from
          > your area who will pipe up with help! In fact, there
          > are quite a few
          > members from Ansteorra.
          > I know it sounds like a bad conspiracy movie but we
          > really are
          > everywhere! Just try looking through the member list
          > and you can see
          > the variety of locations.
          > Kathryn, one of the Jara based moderators
          >

          > i was
          > > just curious if this group is for a certain area
          > or for ALL sca
          > > groups thru the usa...b/c i'm out of bryn-gwlad,
          > ansteorra (austin
          > > tx). thanks for your "listening"..;)
          > >
          > > heather bell

          http://finance.yahoo.com
        • megrimulf
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 5 2:27 AM
            Thanks, Morag. Yup, was the song you think it was (in round 2,
            anyway. Ended up as 3 rounds total).