Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: first time to this chat

  • Wolfgang von Eifel
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 3, 2002
      yes heather many of us live in Ansteorra i happen to be a litli closer than
      Wiesenfeuer. i personally live in Bjornsborg (San Antonio). we have an event
      in october drop me a line and i fill you in on the details.

      >From: "megrimulf" <megrimulf@...>
      >To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [SCA Newcomers] Re: first time to this chat
      >Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 08:08:18 -0000
      >
      >Heather,
      >
      >Welcome! There are several of us on this list who live in Ansteorra,
      >as Kathryn pointed out in her reply to you. I know that William
      >already replied to you, and there are a few of us from up here in the
      >Northern Region (I'm from Wiesenfeuer, which is the Oklahoma City
      >group), and maybe some others that I'm not aware of. So you're in
      >good company here, and there are lots of great people on this list
      >from lots of different places who will happily try to answer whatever
      >questions you may have!
      >
      >Grimulf
      >...who just had a great weekend at Wiesenfeuer Baronial: got my AoA
      >and I'm the new bardic champion :)
      >

      >--- In scanewcomers@y..., "heather_b4" <heather_b4@y...> wrote:
      > > i have discovered this by accident when researching about sca. i
      > > have gone to a couple of events in the past 3 yrs..but i haven't
      > > fully delved into yet b/c p/my personality, i like to be fully
      > > knowledgable about most things. so i've been trying to decide the
      > > name/persona thing...and what i would like to do (love to do
      > > needlework, music, and dancing). i already know a few people who
      > > have been in it for years..but it has been a slow process. i was
      > > just curious if this group is for a certain area or for ALL sca
      > > groups thru the usa...b/c i'm out of bryn-gwlad, ansteorra (austin
      > > tx). thanks for your "listening"..;)
      > >
      > > heather bell

      Wolfgang von Eifel

    • chemistbb3
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 3, 2002
        Congrats and congrats!!! I guess this is another time where someone
        finally gets an AoA when you thought they already had one.

        Brings me to a reminder. If you think someone should get an award,
        let your crown know, (also your local nobility). Sometime someone
        gets overlooked for an award because everyone thinks they already
        have it.

        William

        --- In scanewcomers@y..., "megrimulf" <megrimulf@y...> wrote:

        > Grimulf
        > ...who just had a great weekend at Wiesenfeuer Baronial: got my AoA
        > and I'm the new bardic champion :)

      • megrimulf
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 4, 2002
          --- In scanewcomers@y..., chemistbb3 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Congrats and congrats!!! I guess this is another time where
          someone
          > finally gets an AoA when you thought they already had one.

          Thanks, William! You're not the only one who thought I already had
          one. *LOL*

          > Brings me to a reminder. If you think someone should get an award,
          > let your crown know, (also your local nobility). Sometime someone
          > gets overlooked for an award because everyone thinks they already
          > have it.

          Oh, that is _so_ true! What was also funny to me was that two people
          just insisted that they'd seen me win a bardic title before, which I
          hadn't. But they just _knew_ that I had! *LOL*

          Grimulf
        • dontwait4themessiah
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 4, 2002
            Oh, congrats Grim! And if that was with the song I think it was, you
            deserve the championship- and the AoA of course- you deserved that
            already, a million times over!

            Morag
          • heather bell
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 4, 2002
              thank you for the welcome...i hope to get a lot of
              information and be able to get into sca a lot more as
              time goes on b/c i have enjoyed the things i have
              done.

              heather
              --- katfletcher <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
              > Hello Heather!
              > This group is world-wide. Two of the currently
              > active moderators are
              > here in the Barony of Jararvellir, Principality of
              > Northshield,
              > Middle Kindom (aka MidRealm) all of which is known
              > in the regular
              > world as Madison, Wisconsin, USA. Another of the
              > moderators is out in
              > An Tir these days but has spent time here in Jara.
              > (An Tir being out
              > in the Northwest part of the US.)
              > We have members from all over the world though. One
              > of the best parts
              > is that we get to learn more about the differences
              > and similarities
              > of SCA in all the different places. If you have
              > questions specific to
              > your locale, just let us know and I am sure there
              > will be some from
              > your area who will pipe up with help! In fact, there
              > are quite a few
              > members from Ansteorra.
              > I know it sounds like a bad conspiracy movie but we
              > really are
              > everywhere! Just try looking through the member list
              > and you can see
              > the variety of locations.
              > Kathryn, one of the Jara based moderators
              >

              > i was
              > > just curious if this group is for a certain area
              > or for ALL sca
              > > groups thru the usa...b/c i'm out of bryn-gwlad,
              > ansteorra (austin
              > > tx). thanks for your "listening"..;)
              > >
              > > heather bell

              http://finance.yahoo.com
            • megrimulf
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 5, 2002
                Thanks, Morag. Yup, was the song you think it was (in round 2,
                anyway. Ended up as 3 rounds total).