Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: first time to this chat

  • Mary-Henline
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 2, 2002
      Soooooo.....Wednesday at Pennsic, they were just STANDING?

      Grins.

      (Mary)
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 3, 2002
        Heather,

        Welcome! There are several of us on this list who live in Ansteorra,
        as Kathryn pointed out in her reply to you. I know that William
        already replied to you, and there are a few of us from up here in the
        Northern Region (I'm from Wiesenfeuer, which is the Oklahoma City
        group), and maybe some others that I'm not aware of. So you're in
        good company here, and there are lots of great people on this list
        from lots of different places who will happily try to answer whatever
        questions you may have!

        Grimulf
        ...who just had a great weekend at Wiesenfeuer Baronial: got my AoA
        and I'm the new bardic champion :)

        --- In scanewcomers@y..., "heather_b4" <heather_b4@y...> wrote:
        > i have discovered this by accident when researching about sca. i
        > have gone to a couple of events in the past 3 yrs..but i haven't
        > fully delved into yet b/c p/my personality, i like to be fully
        > knowledgable about most things. so i've been trying to decide the
        > name/persona thing...and what i would like to do (love to do
        > needlework, music, and dancing). i already know a few people who
        > have been in it for years..but it has been a slow process. i was
        > just curious if this group is for a certain area or for ALL sca
        > groups thru the usa...b/c i'm out of bryn-gwlad, ansteorra (austin
        > tx). thanks for your "listening"..;)
        >
        > heather bell
      • Wolfgang von Eifel
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 3, 2002
          yes heather many of us live in Ansteorra i happen to be a litli closer than
          Wiesenfeuer. i personally live in Bjornsborg (San Antonio). we have an event
          in october drop me a line and i fill you in on the details.

          >From: "megrimulf" <megrimulf@...>
          >To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [SCA Newcomers] Re: first time to this chat
          >Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 08:08:18 -0000
          >
          >Heather,
          >
          >Welcome! There are several of us on this list who live in Ansteorra,
          >as Kathryn pointed out in her reply to you. I know that William
          >already replied to you, and there are a few of us from up here in the
          >Northern Region (I'm from Wiesenfeuer, which is the Oklahoma City
          >group), and maybe some others that I'm not aware of. So you're in
          >good company here, and there are lots of great people on this list
          >from lots of different places who will happily try to answer whatever
          >questions you may have!
          >
          >Grimulf
          >...who just had a great weekend at Wiesenfeuer Baronial: got my AoA
          >and I'm the new bardic champion :)
          >

          >--- In scanewcomers@y..., "heather_b4" <heather_b4@y...> wrote:
          > > i have discovered this by accident when researching about sca. i
          > > have gone to a couple of events in the past 3 yrs..but i haven't
          > > fully delved into yet b/c p/my personality, i like to be fully
          > > knowledgable about most things. so i've been trying to decide the
          > > name/persona thing...and what i would like to do (love to do
          > > needlework, music, and dancing). i already know a few people who
          > > have been in it for years..but it has been a slow process. i was
          > > just curious if this group is for a certain area or for ALL sca
          > > groups thru the usa...b/c i'm out of bryn-gwlad, ansteorra (austin
          > > tx). thanks for your "listening"..;)
          > >
          > > heather bell

          Wolfgang von Eifel

        • chemistbb3
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 3, 2002
            Congrats and congrats!!! I guess this is another time where someone
            finally gets an AoA when you thought they already had one.

            Brings me to a reminder. If you think someone should get an award,
            let your crown know, (also your local nobility). Sometime someone
            gets overlooked for an award because everyone thinks they already
            have it.

            William

            --- In scanewcomers@y..., "megrimulf" <megrimulf@y...> wrote:

            > Grimulf
            > ...who just had a great weekend at Wiesenfeuer Baronial: got my AoA
            > and I'm the new bardic champion :)

          • megrimulf
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 4, 2002
              --- In scanewcomers@y..., chemistbb3 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > Congrats and congrats!!! I guess this is another time where
              someone
              > finally gets an AoA when you thought they already had one.

              Thanks, William! You're not the only one who thought I already had
              one. *LOL*

              > Brings me to a reminder. If you think someone should get an award,
              > let your crown know, (also your local nobility). Sometime someone
              > gets overlooked for an award because everyone thinks they already
              > have it.

              Oh, that is _so_ true! What was also funny to me was that two people
              just insisted that they'd seen me win a bardic title before, which I
              hadn't. But they just _knew_ that I had! *LOL*

              Grimulf
            • dontwait4themessiah
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 4, 2002
                Oh, congrats Grim! And if that was with the song I think it was, you
                deserve the championship- and the AoA of course- you deserved that
                already, a million times over!

                Morag
              • heather bell
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 4, 2002
                  thank you for the welcome...i hope to get a lot of
                  information and be able to get into sca a lot more as
                  time goes on b/c i have enjoyed the things i have
                  done.

                  heather
                  --- katfletcher <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                  > Hello Heather!
                  > This group is world-wide. Two of the currently
                  > active moderators are
                  > here in the Barony of Jararvellir, Principality of
                  > Northshield,
                  > Middle Kindom (aka MidRealm) all of which is known
                  > in the regular
                  > world as Madison, Wisconsin, USA. Another of the
                  > moderators is out in
                  > An Tir these days but has spent time here in Jara.
                  > (An Tir being out
                  > in the Northwest part of the US.)
                  > We have members from all over the world though. One
                  > of the best parts
                  > is that we get to learn more about the differences
                  > and similarities
                  > of SCA in all the different places. If you have
                  > questions specific to
                  > your locale, just let us know and I am sure there
                  > will be some from
                  > your area who will pipe up with help! In fact, there
                  > are quite a few
                  > members from Ansteorra.
                  > I know it sounds like a bad conspiracy movie but we
                  > really are
                  > everywhere! Just try looking through the member list
                  > and you can see
                  > the variety of locations.
                  > Kathryn, one of the Jara based moderators
                  >

                  > i was
                  > > just curious if this group is for a certain area
                  > or for ALL sca
                  > > groups thru the usa...b/c i'm out of bryn-gwlad,
                  > ansteorra (austin
                  > > tx). thanks for your "listening"..;)
                  > >
                  > > heather bell

                  http://finance.yahoo.com
                • megrimulf
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 5, 2002
                    Thanks, Morag. Yup, was the song you think it was (in round 2,
                    anyway. Ended up as 3 rounds total).