first time to this chat

  • heather_b4
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 1, 2002
      i have discovered this by accident when researching about sca. i
      have gone to a couple of events in the past 3 yrs..but i haven't
      fully delved into yet b/c p/my personality, i like to be fully
      knowledgable about most things. so i've been trying to decide the
      name/persona thing...and what i would like to do (love to do
      needlework, music, and dancing). i already know a few people who
      have been in it for years..but it has been a slow process. i was
      just curious if this group is for a certain area or for ALL sca
      groups thru the usa...b/c i'm out of bryn-gwlad, ansteorra (austin
      tx). thanks for your "listening"..;)

      heather bell
    • chemistbb3
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 2, 2002
        The list is for all in the Known World M'Lady.

        William
        Loch Soilleir, Ansteorra

        --- In scanewcomers@y..., "heather_b4" <heather_b4@y...> wrote:
        > i have discovered this by accident when researching about sca. i
        > have gone to a couple of events in the past 3 yrs..but i haven't
        > fully delved into yet b/c p/my personality, i like to be fully
        > knowledgable about most things. so i've been trying to decide the
        > name/persona thing...and what i would like to do (love to do
        > needlework, music, and dancing). i already know a few people who
        > have been in it for years..but it has been a slow process. i was
        > just curious if this group is for a certain area or for ALL sca
        > groups thru the usa...b/c i'm out of bryn-gwlad, ansteorra (austin
        > tx). thanks for your "listening"..;)
        >
        > heather bell
      • katfletcher
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 2, 2002
          Hello Heather!
          This group is world-wide. Two of the currently active moderators are
          here in the Barony of Jararvellir, Principality of Northshield,
          Middle Kindom (aka MidRealm) all of which is known in the regular
          world as Madison, Wisconsin, USA. Another of the moderators is out in
          An Tir these days but has spent time here in Jara. (An Tir being out
          in the Northwest part of the US.)
          We have members from all over the world though. One of the best parts
          is that we get to learn more about the differences and similarities
          of SCA in all the different places. If you have questions specific to
          your locale, just let us know and I am sure there will be some from
          your area who will pipe up with help! In fact, there are quite a few
          members from Ansteorra.
          I know it sounds like a bad conspiracy movie but we really are
          everywhere! Just try looking through the member list and you can see
          the variety of locations.
          Kathryn, one of the Jara based moderators

          i was
          > just curious if this group is for a certain area or for ALL sca
          > groups thru the usa...b/c i'm out of bryn-gwlad, ansteorra (austin
          > tx). thanks for your "listening"..;)
          >
          > heather bell
        • Justinos Tekton called Justin
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 2, 2002
            On Monday 02 September 2002 21:49, katfletcher wrote:
            > I know it sounds like a bad conspiracy movie but we really are
            > everywhere!

            The world's largest private standing army: the SCA. (According to Leslie
            Fish, at least.)

            Marche of Alderford (Canton, Ohio USA)

            justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/
          • Mary-Henline
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 2, 2002
              Soooooo.....Wednesday at Pennsic, they were just STANDING?

              Grins.

              (Mary)
              On Monday 02 September 2002 21:49, katfletcher wrote:
              > I know it sounds like a bad conspiracy movie but we really are
              > everywhere!

              The world's largest private standing army: the SCA. (According to Leslie
              Fish, at least.)

              Marche of Alderford (Canton, Ohio USA)

              justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • megrimulf
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 3, 2002
                Heather,

                Welcome! There are several of us on this list who live in Ansteorra,
                as Kathryn pointed out in her reply to you. I know that William
                already replied to you, and there are a few of us from up here in the
                Northern Region (I'm from Wiesenfeuer, which is the Oklahoma City
                group), and maybe some others that I'm not aware of. So you're in
                good company here, and there are lots of great people on this list
                from lots of different places who will happily try to answer whatever
                questions you may have!

                Grimulf
                ...who just had a great weekend at Wiesenfeuer Baronial: got my AoA
                and I'm the new bardic champion :)

                --- In scanewcomers@y..., "heather_b4" <heather_b4@y...> wrote:
                > i have discovered this by accident when researching about sca. i
                > have gone to a couple of events in the past 3 yrs..but i haven't
                > fully delved into yet b/c p/my personality, i like to be fully
                > knowledgable about most things. so i've been trying to decide the
                > name/persona thing...and what i would like to do (love to do
                > needlework, music, and dancing). i already know a few people who
                > have been in it for years..but it has been a slow process. i was
                > just curious if this group is for a certain area or for ALL sca
                > groups thru the usa...b/c i'm out of bryn-gwlad, ansteorra (austin
                > tx). thanks for your "listening"..;)
                >
                > heather bell
              • Wolfgang von Eifel
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 3, 2002
                  yes heather many of us live in Ansteorra i happen to be a litli closer than
                  Wiesenfeuer. i personally live in Bjornsborg (San Antonio). we have an event
                  in october drop me a line and i fill you in on the details.

                  >From: "megrimulf" <megrimulf@...>
                  >To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: [SCA Newcomers] Re: first time to this chat
                  >Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 08:08:18 -0000
                  >
                  >Heather,
                  >
                  >Welcome! There are several of us on this list who live in Ansteorra,
                  >as Kathryn pointed out in her reply to you. I know that William
                  >already replied to you, and there are a few of us from up here in the
                  >Northern Region (I'm from Wiesenfeuer, which is the Oklahoma City
                  >group), and maybe some others that I'm not aware of. So you're in
                  >good company here, and there are lots of great people on this list
                  >from lots of different places who will happily try to answer whatever
                  >questions you may have!
                  >
                  >Grimulf
                  >...who just had a great weekend at Wiesenfeuer Baronial: got my AoA
                  >and I'm the new bardic champion :)
                  >

                  >--- In scanewcomers@y..., "heather_b4" <heather_b4@y...> wrote:
                  > > i have discovered this by accident when researching about sca. i
                  > > have gone to a couple of events in the past 3 yrs..but i haven't
                  > > fully delved into yet b/c p/my personality, i like to be fully
                  > > knowledgable about most things. so i've been trying to decide the
                  > > name/persona thing...and what i would like to do (love to do
                  > > needlework, music, and dancing). i already know a few people who
                  > > have been in it for years..but it has been a slow process. i was
                  > > just curious if this group is for a certain area or for ALL sca
                  > > groups thru the usa...b/c i'm out of bryn-gwlad, ansteorra (austin
                  > > tx). thanks for your "listening"..;)
                  > >
                  > > heather bell

                  Wolfgang von Eifel

                • chemistbb3
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 3, 2002
                    Congrats and congrats!!! I guess this is another time where someone
                    finally gets an AoA when you thought they already had one.

                    Brings me to a reminder. If you think someone should get an award,
                    let your crown know, (also your local nobility). Sometime someone
                    gets overlooked for an award because everyone thinks they already
                    have it.

                    William

                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 4, 2002
                      --- In scanewcomers@y..., chemistbb3 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                      > Congrats and congrats!!! I guess this is another time where
                      someone
                      > finally gets an AoA when you thought they already had one.

                      Thanks, William! You're not the only one who thought I already had
                      one. *LOL*

                      > Brings me to a reminder. If you think someone should get an award,
                      > let your crown know, (also your local nobility). Sometime someone
                      > gets overlooked for an award because everyone thinks they already
                      > have it.

                      Oh, that is _so_ true! What was also funny to me was that two people
                      just insisted that they'd seen me win a bardic title before, which I
                      hadn't. But they just _knew_ that I had! *LOL*

                      Grimulf
                    • dontwait4themessiah
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 4, 2002
                        Oh, congrats Grim! And if that was with the song I think it was, you
                        deserve the championship- and the AoA of course- you deserved that
                        already, a million times over!

                        Morag
                      • heather bell
                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 4, 2002
                          thank you for the welcome...i hope to get a lot of
                          information and be able to get into sca a lot more as
                          time goes on b/c i have enjoyed the things i have
                          done.

                          heather
                          --- katfletcher <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                          > Hello Heather!
                          > This group is world-wide. Two of the currently
                          > active moderators are
                          > here in the Barony of Jararvellir, Principality of
                          > Northshield,
                          > Middle Kindom (aka MidRealm) all of which is known
                          > in the regular
                          > world as Madison, Wisconsin, USA. Another of the
                          > moderators is out in
                          > An Tir these days but has spent time here in Jara.
                          > (An Tir being out
                          > in the Northwest part of the US.)
                          > We have members from all over the world though. One
                          > of the best parts
                          > is that we get to learn more about the differences
                          > and similarities
                          > of SCA in all the different places. If you have
                          > questions specific to
                          > your locale, just let us know and I am sure there
                          > will be some from
                          > your area who will pipe up with help! In fact, there
                          > are quite a few
                          > members from Ansteorra.
                          > I know it sounds like a bad conspiracy movie but we
                          > really are
                          > everywhere! Just try looking through the member list
                          > and you can see
                          > the variety of locations.
                          > Kathryn, one of the Jara based moderators
                          >

                          > i was
                          > > just curious if this group is for a certain area
                          > or for ALL sca
                          > > groups thru the usa...b/c i'm out of bryn-gwlad,
                          > ansteorra (austin
                          > > tx). thanks for your "listening"..;)
                          > >
                          > > heather bell

                          http://finance.yahoo.com
                        • megrimulf
                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 5, 2002
                            Thanks, Morag. Yup, was the song you think it was (in round 2,
                            anyway. Ended up as 3 rounds total).