Re: Question on membership and Names

  • Beatrice
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 19 9:29 PM
      Carol wrote:
      "Do we each have to pay membership into the SCA or do we
      have to do it individually?"

      My husband and I bought an sustaining membership ($35) and
      an associate membership ($10) so we only receive one copy of
      our kingdom newsletter. It is cheaper than two individual
      memberships.

      Carol, "If we go as husband an wife do I have to dress and
      pick the first name
      that goes according to his Scottish one?"

      Most people I know have completely different personas from
      their spouse. Not just different countries but often
      different time periods. Remember you live in the Current
      Middle Ages which is a gathering of pre-17th century
      cultures where the sword is an important part of the culture
      (or so the invitation to the first event went).

      Carol, "Still grummbling over names..."

      Why?

      Lady Beatrice Merryfield
      Seneschal of Caldarium