My First Encounter

  • queen_of_the_mask
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2002
      I haven't posted in answer to the question put to me, "How did oyu
      encounetr the SCA?" due to my internet not working. Thank you all
      for the information you gave me.
      I first came upon the SCA a few weels ago on July, 20. It was my
      birthday and me and my family went to The North Georgia Celtic
      Festival, where there were fighting and dancing demos going on. My
      sister and i watched them (she disliked that they didn't fight as
      authenticly as she liked. She's a battle stratagest.) I went ot the
      tent and talked to some of the people there. I talked to one lady
      for almost 2 hours and never caught her name. She is a lady Viking,
      and a wood carver. She told me all about the SCA nad some of her
      experiences. She had been in it for over 15 years, with her 2 sons
      growing up in it. She otld me about Owl's Nest and told me to try to
      contact them. I e-mailed them, haven't gotten a reply yet.
      That's my story.
      Kris