Re: [SCA Newcomers] Just heard of this

  • Justinos Tekton called Justin
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2002
      On Monday 05 August 2002 06:17 pm, Mary-Henline wrote:
      > Have you contacted your Regional Seneschal about getting with the group?
      > From what Justin has described to me (he has been Regional), the regionals
      > are very nice, and will help you as they can.

      Hello!

      I'm back -- temporarily -- from Pennsic because I had to do something for
      my modern-world job. I just wanted to mention that not all Kingdoms have any
      such thing as a Region. The Midrealm is very large (over 140 local groups and
      baronies total) and we are divided into four Regions and one Principality for
      administrative convenience (the Principality will one day be a Kingdom unto
      itself, by the way). Some Kingdoms are small enough not to need to have this
      extra layer.

      Mary's point is a good one, though. Don't hesitate to go "up the ladder" to a
      higher Seneschal if you can't find a local group. You can reach Kingdom web
      pages from http://www.sca.org/ to find out your Kingdom Seneschal's contact
      information. They probably can't help you personally, because Kingdoms are
      large and it's unlikely that they live nearby, but they will be glad to
      give you contact information for local groups near you.

      Welcome to the SCA, have fun, and let me know if I can be of help to you by
      e-mail. My Internet connectivity is limited during Pennsic (that is, until
      August 20), so I may not respond right away.

      Kind regards,

      THL Justinos Tekton called Justin (Scott Courtney)
      Marche of Alderford (Canton, Ohio USA)

      justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/