Re: [SCA Newcomers] Sunscreen and where you might not think to place it

  • Siubhan of Jaravellir
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 28, 2002
      On 28 Jul 2002 at 23:28, Mary-Henline wrote:

      > Btw, I'm still ouchie. Anyone have any post-stupidity suggestions?

      Lotions/gels containing lidocaine (if you're not allergic) if you want to go the pharmaceutical route,
      tea, lemon juice or other weak organic acid compresses if you want to go 'natural'

      Siubhan of Jararvellir
      whitehaven@...
      "Life without you would be like a broken pencil." "How's that?" "Completely pointless."
      (Blackadder, Series II)
    • dontwait4themessiah
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 28, 2002
        Also Aloe Vera, whether straight from the plant or in a pre-packaged
        thingo.

        Morag

        --- In scanewcomers@y..., "Siubhan of Jaravellir" <whitehaven@g...>
        wrote:
        > On 28 Jul 2002 at 23:28, Mary-Henline wrote:
        >

        > > Btw, I'm still ouchie. Anyone have any post-stupidity
        suggestions?

        > Lotions/gels containing lidocaine (if you're not allergic) if you
        want to go the pharmaceutical route,
        > tea, lemon juice or other weak organic acid compresses if you want
        to go 'natural'

        > Siubhan of Jararvellir
        > whitehaven@g...
        > "Life without you would be like a broken pencil." "How's
        that?" "Completely pointless."
        > (Blackadder, Series II)
      • Stephanie Hostman
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 29, 2002
          > Also Aloe Vera, whether straight from the plant or in a pre-packaged
          > thingo.

          Aloe only works if one is not allergic to it. My husband AND child are
          so I can't use it either (I like to cuddle them both.). There are some
          good moisturizers for when the burn is healing if you can not use
          anything else listed. Read the labels on everything you buy though and
          double check for your own (or others who live with you) allergies.

          Stephanie
          who must read the labels for everything (It's dang hard finding BABY
          products without aloe)

        • dontwait4themessiah
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 29, 2002
            --- In scanewcomers@y..., Stephanie Hostman <kenarik@g...> wrote:

            > Aloe only works if one is not allergic to it.

            Oh my, you have my sympathies.

            Morag