Re: hello all!

  • katfletcher
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 10, 2002
      Welcome Shadow! Have you checked the Academy of St. Gabriel?
      http://www.s-gabriel.org/
      My favorite site for heraldry stuff. They are on summer break right
      now but if you send in a query they will get back to you when they
      resume work. (All volunteers! A great bunch of very smart people.)
      You are in good company, there are plenty of people from Ansterorra
      here although I am from the Principality of Northshield.
      Keep posting, all SCA questions are welcome!
      Kathryn

      --- In scanewcomers@y..., "Wolfshadow72" <wolfshadow72@y...> wrote:
      > Thought I'd pop in and say 'Greetings, all!' :)
      >
      > Just joined the SCA here in the Outlands but played back in Texas
      for
      > just over a year back in the late 90's - I finally have a job that
      > lets me play a bit now. :) Member of Rolling Thunder, but have no
      SCA
      > name or device as yet...I have a device picked out that I want to
      > submit, but still looking for a name. I did find one that I liked
      > (online) but cant find ANY sort of documentation on it. Irish
      > name, "Faoltiarna" or "Faolitiarna" or "Whiltiarna"...cant find
      > anything on its origins though...anyone ever hear of it?
      Supposedly
      > means 'Wolf Lord' even though its a female name....*shrugs*
      >
      > Any advice on where else I can look? Or any advice at all for that
      > matter...;)
      >
      > 'shadow
    • Wolfshadow72
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 11, 2002
        not yet thanks...will ahve to give it a whirl! ;)

        'shadow
        ps
        was in Ansterorra when I first heard of the SCA and first started
        playing, am now in the Northernmost reaches of the Outlands...all
        cool people though. :)