Re: Brand new & a question!

  • chemistbb3
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2002
      You might want to throw a plain sheet over the stroller to cut the
      colors down a little. If anyone says anything about it, explain it
      is you first event and ask their suggestion for alteratives,
      including where ti obtain the item.

      You may not even have a chance to use it as small children tend to
      get snached up by the Ladies and cuddled by them most of the day, at
      least around here.

      William

      --- In scanewcomers@y..., "The Byks" <thebyks@e...> wrote:
      > Greetings to all!
      >
      > I am Sara, a stay-at-home-mother to 2 boys under age 3. I am
      interested in
      > joining SCA to get me out of the house & hopefully make some
      friends & have
      > some fun. I have not yet been to a meeting.
      >
      > I've been invited to my local group's event this weekend but I
      would have to
      > take the boys and I would need our double stroller or some
      equivilant. I
      > have nerve damage to one arm and am not able to carry/hold them
      both, and my
      > 13 month old does not walk well enough to toddle after me while I
      carry his
      > brother.
      >
      > Any ideas?? I don't have a wagon or the funds to go buy one before
      the
      > weekend. It is a bicycle-trailor style stroller with bright
      primary colors.
      > I do have a single stroller which is slightly less garish...it is
      navy and
      > white.
      >
      > Is it all right for a newbie to show up with such a thing at an
      event? I
      > can at least have the 3 of us dressed in T-tunics...
      >
      > Thank you!
      >
      > -Sara.
    • susiano
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2002
        Sara,
        Stollers are okay! You have reason to need it, and I agree that
        comfort should rule over authenticity. I love the historical aspect
        of events, but we still need to be practical. There's plenty of time
        to find another method if you want to for later events, but don't
        feel awkward about it now.
        Critical people can be found anywhere, and I've met a few at
        events....let me stress "few". Overall, SCA participants are
        terrific and friendly. You'll enjoy the time out at the event, I
        promise! Link up with others like yourself, they'll be there, so
        jump in and get your feet wet.

        Susan