Re: [SCA Newcomers] Digest Number 83

  • melioraleuedai@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2002
      In a message dated 6/21/2002 6:42:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com writes:

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 20:27:18 -0000
      > From: "mikepiekarski" <True_Bezerk@...>
      > Subject: I'm new and have no clue...
      >
      > Hello my name is mike piekarski, I am a rapier fighter but I have no
      > persona. Please help me..

      Greetings Mike,

      It's always good to see new members come in with an interest already figured
      out!

      I assume you'd like to either build your persona around your rapier interest,
      or incorporate it in some way. You'll probably want to start out by doing a
      little research about the history of fencing, and then look at time periods
      and regions that apply, and that you think you'd like to be a part of. You
      can use this knowledge to build a name and a persona story.

      If you attend local rapier practices, you should be able to talk to some of
      the fencers there and get some good leads as to where to look for rapier
      history. Once you've narrowed it down to a time and area, you can approach
      your local group herald/pursuivant to help you with a name, and device (coat
      of arms) if you wish to register it.

      Hopefully this helps, and I'm sure the others on this list will add to my
      comments.

      In service to the Midrealm,

      Lady Meliora Leuedai de Ardescote
      Chatelaine, Fasach Mor