Re: [SCA Newcomers] HI

  • Talrath von Eifel
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 12, 2002
      you get to leagaly beat up another guy/gal with a stick and instead of
      throwing you in jail cops just look at you funny

      >From: "t192402" <t192402@...>
      >To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [SCA Newcomers] HI
      >Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 01:55:00 -0000
      >
      >Hi I am new here and I am looking for a name to join the group of SCA
      >my friend seems to have most of it figured out and I need to catch
      >up. I was wondering if anybody could tell me anything that is cool
      >or just plain ol fun in the group.

    • chemistbb3
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 12, 2002
        Don't know I would put it quite that way.

        William

        --- In scanewcomers@y..., "Talrath von Eifel" <tuba_tal@h...> wrote:

        > you get to leagaly beat up another guy/gal with a stick ...
      • Elizabeth Hummel
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 12, 2002
          I was hoping that theere would be a desire to research and create cool garb mentioned BEFORE the public beatings ;)

          ulla
          Don't know I would put it quite that way.William --- In scanewcomers@y..., "Talrath von Eifel" wrote:> > you get to leagaly beat up another guy/gal with a stick ...------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->Will You Find True Love?Will You Meet the One?Free Love Reading by phone!http://us.click.yahoo.com/Deo18C/zDLEAA/Ey.GAA/LmiolB/TM---------------------------------------------------------------------~->To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:scanewcomers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.comYour use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Talrath von Eifel
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 13, 2002
            unfortunatly i do not have the money to put together my garb so i just kinda
            showed up to my first fighter practice and they just kinda threw the loaner
            gear at me and said "en garde" :)

            Talrath von Eifel
            lone german in the land of the crazy norsemen

            >From: "Elizabeth Hummel" <ullastep@...>
            >To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [SCA Newcomers] HI
            >Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 16:07:04 -0400 (EDT)
            >
            > I was hoping that theere would be a desire to research and create cool
            >garb mentioned BEFORE the public beatings ;)
            >

            >ulla
            >Don't know I would put it quite that way.William --- In scanewcomers@y...,
            >"Talrath von Eifel" wrote:> > you get to leagaly beat up another
            >guy/gal with a stick ...------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            >---------------------~-->Will You Find True Love?Will You Meet the
            >One?Free Love Reading by
            >phone!http://us.click.yahoo.com/Deo18C/zDLEAA/Ey.GAA/LmiolB/TM---------------------------------------------------------------------~->To
            >unsubscribe from this group, send an email
            >to:scanewcomers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.comYour use of Yahoo! Groups is
            >subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • katfletcher
            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 13, 2002
              Hooray! Yup, most groups have loaner garb. That is also a great way
              to put "outgrown" garb to good use, just donate it!
              Consider a T-tunic. They don't take much fabric and are pretty easy
              to sew up. Here is one decent website with instructions. A T-tunic is
              the first garb for tons of people!
              http://www.ansteorra.org/regnum/hospitaler/articles/fip.htm#All
              Purpose T-tunic

              Kathryn

              --- In scanewcomers@y..., "Talrath von Eifel" <tuba_tal@h...> wrote:
              > unfortunatly i do not have the money to put together my garb so i
              just kinda
              > showed up to my first fighter practice and they just kinda threw
              the loaner
              > gear at me and said "en garde" :)
              >
              > Talrath von Eifel
              > lone german in the land of the crazy norsemen
            • dontwait4themessiah
              Message 6 of 18 , Jun 13, 2002
                Why the damn hell not? ;)
                But seriously, the SCA is a ball. There's brewing, fencing, heavy
                fighting, archery, illumintation, costuming, dancing, the bardic
                arts, armouring, leather- and metal-working, drinking, carousing...
                all sorts of good stuff.
                Undoubtedly i've left a few out... OK more than a few... but that's
                just a sample :)

                M.

                --- In scanewcomers@y..., chemistbb3 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                > Don't know I would put it quite that way.
                >
                > William
              • dontwait4themessiah
                Message 7 of 18 , Jun 13, 2002
                  Crazy Norsemen? Is there such a thing? Never! *LOL ROTF*

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jun 13, 2002
                    let me ammend that : crazy AND mostly lefthanded norsemen
                    my right side gets chewed up just about every week

                    >From: dontwait4themessiah <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
                    >To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: Re: [SCA Newcomers] HI
                    >Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:44:09 -0000
                    >
                    >Crazy Norsemen? Is there such a thing? Never! *LOL ROTF*
                    >
                    > > Talrath von Eifel
                    > > lone german in the land of the crazy norsemen

                  • Aine ingen MaelPatraic
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jun 13, 2002
                      > But seriously, the SCA is a ball. There's brewing,
                      > fencing, heavy
                      > fighting, archery, illumintation, costuming,
                      > dancing, the bardic
                      > arts, armouring, leather- and metal-working,
                      > drinking, carousing...
                      > all sorts of good stuff.
                      > Undoubtedly i've left a few out... OK more than a
                      > few... but that's
                      > just a sample :)

                      *smile* To that list (which is by itself quite a
                      wonderful array of what we all do) I'd add: sewing,
                      embroidery, spinning, weaving, cooking and baking,
                      researching, laughing, woodworking, lace making, book
                      binding, metal casting (for coins and the like),
                      brewing and vintning, acting (both persona play and in
                      period reproductions of theatrical works), juggling,
                      animal husbandry, equestrian activities, glass
                      blowing/bead making, shopping, beading (see
                      http://www.medievalbeads.com), camping, singing around
                      a campfire, falling asleep to distant drums, rising
                      with first light of dawn.. *smile* I'm waxing
                      romantic now so I'll stop.

                      But seriously.. if you can imagine it being done then,
                      you can do it in the SCA (well.. except jousting and
                      other activities that are considered too dangerous by
                      modern liability standards).

                      /a

                      =====
                      Aine ingen MaelPatraic

                      "The only thing you must do is what you feel in your
                      heart is true."
                      - John Popper

                      http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
                    • Elizabeth Hummel
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jun 13, 2002
                        hey and I thought you lefties were supposed to have an advantage ....________________________________________________PLEASE REMEMBER- For your safety and the safety those around you, "Riverdance" is NOT a verb.--- On Thu 06/13, Talrath von Eifel < tuba_tal@... > wrote:
                        From: Talrath von Eifel [mailto: tuba_tal@...]To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.comDate: Thu 06/13Subject: Re: [SCA Newcomers] HIlet me ammend that : crazy AND mostly lefthanded norsemenmy right side gets chewed up just about every week>From: dontwait4themessiah >Reply-To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com>To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com>Subject: Re: [SCA Newcomers] HI>Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:44:09 -0000>>Crazy Norsemen? Is there such a thing? Never! *LOL ROTF*>> > Talrath von Eifel> > lone german in the land of the crazy norsemen>>_________________________________________________________________Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->Will You Find True Love?Will You Meet the One?Free Love Reading by phone!http://us.click.yahoo.com/Deo18C/zDLEAA/Ey.GAA/LmiolB/TM---------------------------------------------------------------------~->To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:scanewcomers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.comYour use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                      • Talrath von Eifel
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jun 13, 2002
                          im not left handed, everyone else is

                          Message 12 of 18 , Jun 14, 2002
                            Hey, you lot in SCA heartland have got it lucky- I don't thnk we have
                            an equestrian division here in the far off principality-soon-to-be-
                            kingdom (22 days and counting)

                            > laughing... singing around a campfire, falling asleep to distant
                            > drums, rising with first light of dawn..

                            but I don't think we lack any of the above :)

                            Morag
                          • chemistbb3
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jun 14, 2002
                              Yes, and mounted combat is great, if you have it.

                              William

                              --- In scanewcomers@y..., dontwait4themessiah <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                              > Hey, you lot in SCA heartland have got it lucky- I don't thnk we
                              have
                              > an equestrian division here in the far off principality-soon-to-be-
                              > kingdom (22 days and counting)
                              >
                              > > laughing... singing around a campfire, falling asleep to distant
                              > > drums, rising with first light of dawn..
                              >
                              > but I don't think we lack any of the above :)
                              >
                              > Morag
                            • Elizabeth Hummel
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jun 14, 2002
                                Hullo All, what kingdom would nh/boston be in? ulla ________________________________________________PLEASE REMEMBER- For your safety and the safety those around you, "Riverdance" is NOT a verb.--- On Fri 06/14, chemistbb3 < no_reply@yahoogroups.com > wrote:From: chemistbb3 [mailto: no_reply@yahoogroups.com]To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.comDate: Fri 06/14Subject: [SCA Newcomers] Re: HIYes, and mounted combat is great, if you have it. William--- In scanewcomers@y..., dontwait4themessiah wrote:> Hey, you lot in SCA heartland have got it lucky- I don't thnk we have > an equestrian division here in the far off principality-soon-to-be-> kingdom (22 days and counting) > > > laughing... singing around a campfire, falling asleep to distant > > drums, rising with first light of dawn.. > > but I don't think we lack any of the above :)> > Morag------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->Will You Find True Love?Will You Meet the One?Free Love Reading by phone!http://us.click.yahoo.com/Deo18C/zDLEAA/Ey.GAA/LmiolB/TM---------------------------------------------------------------------~->To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:scanewcomers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.comYour use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                              • Talrath von Eifel
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jun 14, 2002
                                  hmmmmm mounted combat against a leftie. very interesting
                                  Talrath von Eifel
                                  the lone german in the land of the crazy lefthanded norsemen

                                  >From: chemistbb3 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
                                  >To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
                                  >Subject: [SCA Newcomers] Re: HI
                                  >Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 14:10:34 -0000
                                  >
                                  >Yes, and mounted combat is great, if you have it.
                                  >
                                  >William
                                  >
                                  >--- In scanewcomers@y..., dontwait4themessiah <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                                  > > Hey, you lot in SCA heartland have got it lucky- I don't thnk we
                                  >have
                                  > > an equestrian division here in the far off principality-soon-to-be-
                                  > > kingdom (22 days and counting)
                                  > >
                                  > > > laughing... singing around a campfire, falling asleep to distant
                                  > > > drums, rising with first light of dawn..
                                  > >
                                  > > but I don't think we lack any of the above :)
                                  > >
                                  > > Morag

                                • Irene leNoir
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jun 14, 2002
                                    Ulla asked:
                                    > Hullo All, what kingdom would nh/boston be in?

                                    New Hampshire and the Boston, MA area are both in the Kingdom of the East.

                                    If you let me know the name of the town where you live, I can give you
                                    contact information for your local Chatelaine.

                                    Irene leNoir, East Kingdom Chatelaine
                                    mka Jessica Clark
                                    chatelaine@...
                                  • katfletcher
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Jun 14, 2002
                                      I am pretty sure that is the Eastern Kingdom. Do you have a specific
                                      city we can help with?
                                      This is their website: http://www.eastkingdom.org/
                                      They have a page with groups listed:
                                      http://www.eastkingdom.org/branches.html
                                      Kathyrn

                                      Message 18 of 18 , Jun 17, 2002
                                        Irene-  I am in a little town called milford, near nassua.  ulla________________________________________________PLEASE REMEMBER- For your safety and the safety those around you, "Riverdance" is NOT a verb.--- On Fri 06/14, Irene leNoir < irene@... > wrote:From: Irene leNoir [mailto: irene@...]To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.comDate: Fri 06/14Subject: Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: HIUlla asked:> Hullo All, what kingdom would nh/boston be in?New Hampshire and the Boston, MA area are both in the Kingdom of the East.If you let me know the name of the town where you live, I can give you contact information for your local Chatelaine.Irene leNoir, East Kingdom Chatelainemka Jessica Clarkchatelaine@...------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->Will You Find True Love?Will You Meet the One?Free Love Reading by phone!http://us.click.yahoo.com/Deo18C/zDLEAA/Ey.GAA/LmiolB/TM---------------------------------------------------------------------~->To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:scanewcomers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.comYour use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/