Re: Greetings

  • mrruben51
    Message 1 of 35 , Jun 11, 2002
      Thank you for the site... although if I look at some of your other
      posts I can see that its given many times... are you sure your not
      working of them?

      After seeing some of the replies here I realized that it wasnt
      rhineheart, but rather Rhinehart or Rhinehard. Also seeing Guthart
      brought a smile to me.

      I did find a Yahoo, SCA German group, so I am going to ask them this
      over there also. My question is how much has German as a language
      changed since the high gothic era? I know that english has had some
      rather large changes in it over the years (The Great vowel shift) but
      I was not sure about Geramn. Anyone have any Ideas?

      Thanks again all for the replies,
      Rhinehart

      --- In scanewcomers@y..., katfletcher <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > Dear Rhinheart,
      >
      > I am not up much on the German thing but I know we have several
      very
      > knowledgeble people here. So I will leave that part to them.
      > About your name: I was flummoxed to find that my favorite site did
      > not have a previous report on either element! I thought for sure
      > someone would have asked them about Rhineheart or Rhinehart before.
      > Nope! They are on summer vacation just now but you can go ahead and
      > send in a request and when they finish relaxing and having fun they
      > will get back to you. Also, they have some very good lists and
      links.
      > You might want to check them out: http://www.s-gabriel.org/
      > Kathyrn (Who does not get paid to tout them, really!!)
      >
      > --- In scanewcomers@y..., "mrruben51" <ryan_good@r...> wrote:
      > > Well this is my first post here, although this is my second dive
      > into
      > > SCA. I tried to get into it once before but Mundane Life did not
      > > allow it. At one point I became an offical card carrying member
      > > thinkng that if I paid for it, I would feel like I was wasting it
      > if
      > > I did not take part... the Mundane was still to strong (or rather
      > the
      > > lack of cash)
      > >
      > > Ok now I am trying to get back into this. I now have the cash to
      > > get/make garb and armor. I have the time and I have the will.
      > >
      > > I do have a few questions though.
      > >
      > > I am interested in 14th or 15th century German Dress, Armor and
      > > customs. But other then finding a helm that seems to be from that
      > era
      > > I am coming up with blanks.
      > >
      > > Also at some point I had contacted a Herald and worked out the
      name
      > > Rhineheart Gutman, they sited the documentation and everything.
      > Now,
      > > some 2 years later, I have lost all of that infomation. Any
      > > suggestions? (Yes I am going to look to my local Heralds also)
      > >
      > > Rhineheart Gutman
    • savvapeskovski
      Message 35 of 35 , Feb 19, 2014
        Just a quick post to say hello, and to thank the admins. for accepting my request to join.  I'm not actually a new member of SCA as yet, but I do hope to join soon.  I am likely to do more lurking (reading and learning) than posting to start off.  Glad to be here.  Thanks again!