Re: [SCA Newcomers] What would you want?

  • Irene leNoir
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2002
      Hi Everyone,

      I wanted to thank everyone for all their suggestions, and encourage you
      to keep them coming. But it also occurred to me that I should point out
      a couple of logistical details.

      * My budget for this is only about $15-$20
      * Gift certificates for merchants of a specific locale won't work because
      the prize won't be awarded until after Pennsic, and there is no way for
      me to know where the winner will live.

      Jessica Clark
      SCA: Irene leNoir
      irene@...
      www.loudzen.com/users/jessica
    • sableroseschool@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 6, 2002
        Ok I am a new comer so to speak of, so here would be my wish list ( trying
        to stay under $ 25:

        1. A basket w/feast gear
        2. Known worlde handbook
        3. Any good historical book, IE the book that you couldnt live without in
        the sca, especilly if instructional and historical
        4. a nice eating dager ( they run under $25)
        5. A nice pouch or belt
        6. A gift certificate to Jo-Ann fabircs
        7. Most importanly some sort of favor, so you can always carry around
        something you have earned, and dont forget the scroll, Little things like
        that are so much more memorable and are the things newbies like to work
        towards. ( they make us feel like we are important and are involved)

        Lady Bryna
        West Kingdom, Shire of Alpensee