[SCA Newcomers] Re: What would you want?

  • njal_tjorkilsson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2002
      Well, there is always e-bay, which always has some armor bits for
      sale. The armor archive (link is in the links section, I don't know
      it offhand) is a good resource. Then there are generally folks who
      have small armories and patterns and such who will probably be local
      to you; check around your fighter practice wherever you are. Folks
      will know how or know who knows how locally.

      Gambesons are fairly simple: use a moving blanket or other some such
      quilted material and make a long vest and separate arms that attach
      only at the shoulder point (open armpits).

      Knees and elbows: you can use plastic or leather over construction
      grade kneepads (see the hardware store for these).

      I can draw up some rough patters for these if you'd like.

      Helm? check ebay or the armor archive.
      You should be able to score a decent one for less than $200.

      Hope this is helpful.

      In Omnia Veritas
      Njall Tjorkilsson, KSCA