Greetings :>

  • gryphynkit
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2002
      Good day, all,
      I figured I should probably get around to posting an intro, as I
      have been reading messages, lurking, and recieving much information
      and entertainment from this list...<grin> I am Dawn, probably to be
      Guenlliant Goch verch Ouein, located in the Incipent Shire of Cuil
      Cholium (sp?) (mundane Columbus, IN) I have been lurking in my group
      here for almost a year now, but didn't really start playing until
      this spring...:laugh: I'm a bit shy... I think I shall end up being
      located somewhere in Northern Wales in the 11th or 12th Century,
      although for Pennsic I'm going to be a bit earlier, I think, for
      heat's sake...:laugh: I'm interested in mostly music and misc arts,
      although I'm considering finding out about archery...Well, I'm going
      to stop babbling on, but figured I'd mention how much I'm enjoying
      and learning from this list!
      Thank you,
      Guenllian
    • katfletcher
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2002
        Guenllian!
        How nice to hear from you!! It sounds like you have an excellent
        start on your persona. And don't worry about the different dress for
        Pennsic, we do what we need/want to. Personas do NOT have to be lived
        100% of the time. Many people do different things for different
        events, especially if there is a theme to the event. And Heat is
        certainly a theme I pay attention to!
        The biggest cure for shyness is to find something you want to try and
        sort of wiggle into it. Before you know it, they have you working and
        then the fun really begins! Archery can be great fun and many groups
        have loaner gear for you to try. Do you sing or play or both? There
        is a recorder group that asked permission to post an announcement
        about themselves (I hope they do, it sounds very interesting!)
        Got to run now, (work darn it!) but please feel free to post anytime,
        questions, answers or just comments on what is happening in your SCA
        life.
        Kathryn