RE: [SCA Newcomers] More help please.

  • Elizabeth Hummel
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 4, 2002
      What time period are you seeking. I believe I may have some sorces for you-

      liz________________________________________________PLEASE REMEMBER- For your safety and the safety those around you, "Riverdance" is NOT a verb.--- On Tue 06/04, irenehmbs < no_reply@yahoogroups.com > wrote:
      From: irenehmbs [mailto: no_reply@yahoogroups.com]To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.comDate: Tue 06/04Subject: [SCA Newcomers] More help please.Okay it has been months now since I frist asked for help. Well really SEVERAL months. What can I say I have had a busy life lately. Anyhow I have not had alot of free time to persue research for my name or persona. I had thought to use my own blood lines to develop my persona but have run into a block. I have decided to go with a combo of my Dutch and German ancestry but am finding no reference to Holland in the a year I'm hoping to go for. I have found several references to Frishian ( spelling may be off) culture and the Low Lands. I think, from what I can tell it would be the correct location geographically. I need to know if anyone knows if it is or not and if so resources for names and history.Thank youHeatherOh and one more thing is anyone in this group residing in the Shire of Midhaven? I have questions for you.Oh yeah one more thing I have a few clothing items that I do not use. Has anyone ever donated those items and where or who could I contact?------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->Kwick Pick opens locked car doors,front doors, drawers, briefcases,padlocks, and more. On sale now!http://us.click.yahoo.com/ehaLqB/Fg5DAA/Ey.GAA/LmiolB/TM---------------------------------------------------------------------~->To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:scanewcomers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.comYour use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • D Dreessen
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 4, 2002
        Heather,

        That is the correct location. If you want help with naming there are SCA Low
        Counries and German yahoo groups.

        Herr Ehrenfried Schertenlieb
        Landsknecht of the Middle Kingdom
        Constellation Regional Herald

      • irenehmbs
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 6, 2002
          I'm thinking of around 700-600 BC. I'm thinking I may prefer a much
          later time, more into the 14th or the early 16th century. I know it
          is quite a span but I have to admit I like the clothing better from
          the later centuries.
          And another question of location, is Zeeland also in the same general
          area?
          Thank you
          Heather
        • chemistbb3
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 7, 2002
            By chance is this a typo and you meant AD and not BC?

            William

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 7, 2002
              --- In scanewcomers@y..., chemistbb3 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > By chance is this a typo and you meant AD and not BC?
              >
              > William
              >
              > --- In scanewcomers@y..., irenehmbs <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > > I'm thinking of around 700-600 BC.

              Oh geez!!!!! Yes that would be a BIG typo.
              Heather
            • Kaeso Maximius Tiberius
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 7, 2002
                Awwwwwwww
                Now if you want to do 100 BCE to 100 CE look up us Romans in the group
                Tiberius

                http://www.geocities.com/Legion_XXI_Rapax/